two droid problems
lydiamarie

i have the motorola droid and overall i love it, but there are two small issues i'm having with it, i was wondering if they're just a problem with my phone or if they're general problems.

the first is that the slide out keyboard doesn't stay backlit.  it seems very iffy - sometimes it's fine, sometimes it just goes out.  i can't discern any reason why it does sometimes.

the second is a problem with gmail.  most of the time, even when i go back to the inbox after reading an email, the next time i enter gmail it will automatically open to a message, instead of the inbox.

is anyone else having these problems, or are they just small glitches in my phone?  if they're just in my phone, are they enough to get a free replacement?  i do have insurance on it also...

0 Likes
Re: two droid problems
hellorockview
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been told that if the phone detects a certain amount of light, the backlight on the keyboard and the soft keys on the front of the phone will go out. I think the backlight is just a little buggy at times. A few times I have been in the dark and neither the keyboard or soft keys would light up. However, if I just turned the screen off and then back on, it worked fine. Just check to see if there is any light directing towards the sensors on the phone. If there is, it's likely that the backlight will shut off.

As for your question regarding Gmail, I'm not sure why that would be happening if you're going back to the inbox before exiting Gmail. I haven't had this happen.

If these issues bother you that much, then take it into Verizon. I don't know if they will offer a replacement, but it's worth a shot if that's what you want.

0 Likes
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon agent will message you shortly.
0 Likes