underestimated net usage on the x
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

so i went to and x from and env3 and wow i was maybe on a busy month hitting about 30 mb of data IN A MONTH i have had my droid x for 2 day and am currently at about 150mb now i know that probably high since im getting to know the phone and looking for the basic set of apps  but im looking at least 3ish gb of data a month now and i was wondering what **bleep** off atandt customers about a 2 gig cap and now im seeing ....lol thanks for truely unlimited verizon even though its worse than paying alimony to have a contract

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: underestimated net usage on the x
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

lol i was saying i did that in like 2 days and now about 5 days in im around 375mb of data so yeah 3 or 4 gigs is definitely gonna be the norm it seems but i used to check my emails throughout the day and get on my pc when i got home and the last few days i came home and went on to bed no need to even stop at the pc but i have found i cant type in the forums here from my x why is that the page loads fine but when i try to type like i am now the whole text area highlights for a second and thats it the keyboard never comes up or anything anyone know what the deal is?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mjtimko
Sounds like you might be confused. We all pay$ 29.95 for unlimited data while using the device. The 2 GB comes into play if you subscribe to and use the mobile hot spot feature.
0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

mjtimko wrote:
Sounds like you might be confused. We all pay$ 29.95 for unlimited data while using the device. The 2 GB comes into play if you subscribe to and use the mobile hot spot feature.

Hey mjtimko...reread the post.  He's giving kudos to Verizon for allowing truely unlimitted data still, even after the release of devices like droid and droid x.

the 2gb was a mention of ATT.

good points on original post.

Dj.

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

yes i was actually praising verizon for once....but have been seeing stories about this becoming tiered data once lte gets underway. but hey im grandfathered in for at least 2 years so i dont have too much to fret about.

when did the the "p" word for angry become a curse word im pretty positive this has never been the case but oh well

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

150mb of data used???   I remeber those days :smileyvery-happy:because my avarage usage is around 2.5 to 3 Gigs monthly... Give you a minute you will get there, the more you use this device and realize that a desktop of laptop is a old school item nowadays the more you will get use to using the Droid X for everything.  I booted my laptop the other day and I had over 125 updates waiting to download, this should give you the ideal of how often I use it now..

Im down with Droid X Life... :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

lol i was saying i did that in like 2 days and now about 5 days in im around 375mb of data so yeah 3 or 4 gigs is definitely gonna be the norm it seems but i used to check my emails throughout the day and get on my pc when i got home and the last few days i came home and went on to bed no need to even stop at the pc but i have found i cant type in the forums here from my x why is that the page loads fine but when i try to type like i am now the whole text area highlights for a second and thats it the keyboard never comes up or anything anyone know what the deal is?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Mines works better in landscape view.  are you using the mobile page or the regular view, I gave up on the mobile view.

0 Likes