update to 4.5.602
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2
I just got a link from another forum directing me to a Verizon support update listed for the DROID X which lists improvements and fixes a nd brings the version to 4.5.602.
0 Likes
Re: update to 4.5.602
B33
Legend

This looks like a good update for the X here's a direct Linc to the Site.Take a peek an post your thought an thanks Galaxie for your post to the update. to make us all aware of it. :smileyvery-happy:   B33

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/droid_x.pdf

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Hmmm, looks like they reported fixing a number of the old bugs, good to see this..

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Wildman do think a Master Reset is needed before the update as was done before on gingerbread just to be on the safe side.B33

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

@B33 - did you do a FR before - for teh GB update?  I would think if you did, just let this roll w/o a FR and see how things go. Of course the silver bullet is there if issues arise.  But seems like a lot of work for "just in case".  YMMV

0 Likes
SteelerFan
Contributor - Level 2

The update brings the version to 4.5.602? I called Verizon and was told 4.5.596 is current. When I try to do an update it says "check for update is not available at this time, Try again later"

I am guessing it hasn't hit my phone yet?

Thanks

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Correct ... patience .. it will get there. Keep checking.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

@B33

From the list of apps that you sent me that you reported having insltalled a hard reset doesnt seem required because you dont have any apps that modifies the OS, basically the device is still stock except a few add ons...

As long as the apps that you have installed doesnt modify the OS then you should be ok with doing update without a reset...

0 Likes
SteelerFan
Contributor - Level 2

Sometimes patience runs thin  :smileyhappy:

Thanks

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2
Did the update didn't notice anything but did get a charging issue where the battery charged a little stopped then started again and the backlighting still stayed on called tech support and a x2 is in the mail so im hoping the newer phone will let me sleep a lil better at night .....side note purchased a DROID 3 and its beast but lacks in ram so im glad its the old lady's and not mine lol also will be upgrading my evolution to the photon on sprint so I can get a taste of the bionic (same phone) in a different body. And with the x2 im hoping I can save my last annual upgrade and see what comes out around xmas or new years
0 Likes