usb and sd card prob
holligirl

ok i hooked up my charge phone to computer via usb to download pics...it didnt work so i unplugged it and now it says NO data and all the apps are messed up i cant use them,...it says no sd card...sooo what do i do now...anyone know what im doin wrong?

0 Likes
Re: usb and sd card prob
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

did you make sure that the SDCard is mounted (under settings -> storage)?

also try rebooting both the computer and your phone.

0 Likes
holligirl

UNDER STORAGE? THEN WHAT IT IS NOT WORKING STILL

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

what does it say? unmount sd card or mount sd card?  if "mount", then press it, if not, then it is already mounted (you want it mounted).

are you sure that the sd card is in the phone?  have you tried taking the card out and inserting it to your computer to see if the computer can read it?  sometimes these cards can get corrupted, and you might have to get a new one.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Holligirl, I'm happy you decided to save your pics to your computer. This is an awesome way to protect yourself just in case you loss your phone or it got damaged. I'm sorry you're having issues with the process. Here are some steps to help with the process.

1) Enable USB Mass Storage.

2)From the computer, launch Windows Explorer / Finder.
--For Windows Explorer, press the Windows E ( E) keys using the computer keyboard.
--For Finder, click the Finder icon located on the dock.

3) Using Windows Explorer / Finder, navigate to Removable Disk (X:).
--Removable Disk (X:) represents the SD Card installed in the device. This name may vary.

4) Utilize the computer to copy video / picture files from the following folders to the desired location on the computer's hard drive:
Folder names may vary.
--DCIM\Camera
--download
--Videos
--Pictures

5) From the device, select Disconnect storage from PC.
--If the USB mass storage screen is not visible, press the Home key, press the Menu button, select Notifications then select Turn off USB storage.

6) Disconnect the USB cable from the computer.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes