Re: verizon customer service SUCKS
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

I think, like any company,Verizon has good customer service employees and bad ones. Verizon has a reputation for being a bit cool and unyielding with customer service, but my personal experiences have always been good ones. If I'm talking to a tech that doesn't understand my issue, I ask to talk to someone else who may be able to help me. I've rarely been dissatisfied with Verizon service.

It always helps to approach the problem from a calm cool standpoint and present your issue in a professional way. You definitely get more flies with honey than vinegar. I used to be with Alltel, before the merger, and their customer service was really good. I feared rolling over into Verizon because of their reputation, but honestly, they've been great. The service is the best out there and as long as I present my topic to a Verizon tech in a professional way, they are usually great about getting the problem resolved. Hope that helps.

0 Likes
timelord
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have never had a single issue with verizon CS. They've  always been courteous and very helpful. 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

vereyezuhn wrote:

A lot of it is also just making excuses because something 'better' came out that they "really really wanted" Most of these people are like children. They want what they want and they want it now, and they'll start looking for any excuse to ditch their current phone (notice how many posts say that they took it to a Verizon store and "of course the issue stopped" right when they set foot in the store???)

Either that or it's a user error :smileywink:

I'm sure a lot of people who complain about their phones this much on a website aren't smarter than their smartphone, and feel it's a defective device because they can't figure it out. Which of course leads to them being too ego-minded to try ANYTHING to troubleshoot it, cause "nothing works" and they've "tried everything."

The key word is SMARTphone :smileywink::smileyvery-happy:...   People say what they want but then when they get it they want so,ething else...   

Like my old signature said....

You wont ever get what you want if every time you get something you want something different... Try living for today, not for what could be tomorrow.....

0 Likes
JaySean
Contributor - Level 1

Here's my take on the DROID X & VERIZON WIRELESS..

DROID X: DROID X is the best.. Yes i've had problems but i just called Tech Support and speak nicely/professionally and i always get my problem fixed..My first time was because of USER ERROR..since then i have learnt alot and have come a long way and thats why i stand here and say DROID X is the best.. if you know how to use it ..take some time get to know the device learn the ways of android and pick a handful of apps that u NEED..get rid of the rest that you HARDLY or never USE. Careful what you download because while the Android Market has many many awesome apps, they are certainly lots of poorly developed ones. So for anyone who thinks DROID is no good, take a minute to learn and use some common sense,

VERIZON WIRELESS: I have been a customer for 4 long years. May be im lucky but i never had a problem with CUSTOMER SERVICE. Problems with phones? yes but easily fixed. Verizon is NOT the best , but which phone company is? In my eyes they are the BEST because i chose them for my mobile needs and will never switch to another carrier. Also remember Verizon DOES Not make the phone...they only provide service.

0 Likes
AMA93
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hay, same experience here with me.  7 refurbished phones in a little over a year.  All with different problems.  I've been with Verizon for 19 years and figure I've spent between $30,000 and $50,000 over that period of time.  Cpay urrently spending $250/mo with two phones and a PC modem card.  Verizon has told me over and over that I'm about the only one who's had problems like this.  Now I am digging around and I'm finding out that kind of a LOT of people have had multiple refurbished phone failures.  I was actually told this morning that I should be appreciative that VW doesn't charge for tech support.  Right. Brand new with tech problems......  pay for tech support on malfunction problems?  I'm just not feeling the love.

0 Likes
AMA93
Enthusiast - Level 2

I feel the same way.  Up until now I've felt like it would be wrong for me to publicly complain about my experience.  But right now I am at the point where I am pretty much telling EVERYONE about my experience.  Since I am just sitting around waiting for my 4th Razr in two months to arrive I have some spare time on my hands....   so I am grabbing people I meet on the street and telling them about it, too.  Probably will start looking for public forums to get this off my chest.  When the phone gets here tomorrow, I'll be too busy resetting the email accounts and getting it set up to just the way I like it.  WOn't have time to publicly complain. 

0 Likes
AMA93
Enthusiast - Level 2

Me too! 

0 Likes
AMA93
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tell me about the tee shirt and the coffee mug.........  

0 Likes
AMA93
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to switch to a different carrier right now.  Two words:  two year service contract.  I do not have the money to buy my way out of their contract. right now.  Stupidly I signed a new 2 year contract a couple months ago when I replaced my 4th Droid2.....    the original Droid2 was purchased a bit over a year prior...  the warranty period (12 months) follows the original phone, not the 3 refurbished replacements that failed. So I basically paid money out of pocket, financially a hardship at that particular point in time, but I figured by going to a Razr I'd be leaving my Droid2 woes behind.  Sadly, not so.  As soon as I can afford to I will buy my way out of their contract and leave.  But I'll be screaming about them the entire time until I do. 

0 Likes
AMA93
Enthusiast - Level 2

I love loved loved VW too, since 1993.  Never had problems with my phones.  Rarely had billing problems.  Once I did have to have a phone replaced.  Piece of cake.  That all changed two years ago.  Phone failed.  Phone replaced with refurbished phone.   Refurbished phone failed.  Refurbished phone replaced with another refurbished phone.  Subsequent refurbished phone failed.  Subsequent refurbished phone replaced with  yet another refurbished phone. Yet another refurbished phone failed.  Replaced with yet another refurbished phone.  I sort of would like to have a  failed phone replaced with a new phone.  But VW Cust service person explained it to me.  A new phone costs $500 or so.  I've spent somewhere north of $30,000 with Verizon Wireless since 1993....   probably closer to $45,000 (two phones and a pc modem card = $250/ mo = $3,000 per year. Times 19 years.  Like that.  So the $500 they would have to spend on a new, not refurbished replacement seems to be kind of minor.  Maybe that's just me.

0 Likes