when I try to open or send a text I get a message "unable to manage your messages because storage is full. Please delete content from other apps" Help
p441d

when I try to open or send a text I get a message "unable to manage your messages because storage is full.  Please delete content from other apps"  I really don't have very much I don't know what to do. I deleted emails downloaded pics and docs   I lost some pictures in the process.

0 Likes
Re: when I try to open or send a text I get a message "unable to manage your messages because storage is full. Please delete content from other apps" Help
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try using one of the SMS backup applications available from the Play Store and backup your text messages.  When that is done go to Settings > applications > manage applications > all tab > scroll down to dialer storage.  Select it and press the "clear data" button.  This will delete all of your text messages and call log.  There is a Call Log Backup application available in the Play Store.  Once you have verified that the messages were deleted, you can restore the messages from the backup application if you want.  I have included links to the apps that have worked for me in the past.

SMS Backup & Restore

Call Log Backup & Restore

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: when I try to open or send a text I get a message "unable to manage your messages because storage is full. Please delete content from other apps" Help
sidekicks

I had same problem.  Verizon had me do a hard reset. You basically start all over with nothing on your phone., But it did work.

0 Likes