Re: why are all of my contacts gone?
hwendel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks so much!  I fooled with this phone forever trying to figure out how to get my contacts back.  I have well over 130 contacts and they were all gone.  I tried your suggestion in the P.S. section and went from 4 to 8 contacts.  Then I did the same steps but chose "import from SD card" only and they all showed back up!  Thanks again!Smiley Happy

0 Likes
barblg27

Thank you Jerry F for your help. I had lost most of my contacts on my Samsung Charge Droid and was in the process of retrieving and entering numbers again from my call and messaging log. I googled the problem, followed your instructions and everything is back. Took auto sync off also. Thanks.

0 Likes
Brakilia

I experienced a similar problem today, however my backup assistant on verizonwireless.com is also empty, with no contacts in the trash bin. I have tried all of the above-mentioned suggestions to no avail. Verizon has ordered a "trouble file" with the details with the hopes that there is a backup accessible to the backup assistant that they can push to the phone, however the tech did not sound very optimistic today. Does anyone have any other ideas on what might cause my entire contact list to go missing? At the very least, I learned about backing up to Google (which is what I thought I was doing all along...apparently not?!?). Thanks!

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

just log into your gmail account, go to "contacts", and enter all of your contacts' information there.  then, you'll see them automatically appear on your phone's contacts (provided you have your phone set to automatically sync).  then, set just your google account to sync with your contacts (not SIM, FB, or anything else)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my, Brakilia!

I know how important your contacts are! I'd be lost without mine. I'm glad our team is investigating the missing contacts issue! Were you able to login to google.com/contacts to see if they are stored there? The contacts on your phone are in one of two categories, either Backup assistant or Google contacts. Keep me posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
napstertyme

The same thing happened to my husband and 2 weeks later to me!

After calling Verizon & Samsung, neither could offer a reason nor solution.

My husband stumbled on the answer by accident. Log onto your Verizon account: then hover over "My Verizon", then click on "back up my contacts", you will see an empty list of contacts with the exception of the basics. There are 2 tabs at the top, "contacts/trash" Trash is where you will find all of your contacts!! First click on "trash then click on "actions" and click "undelete" , then "select all" then click on "Sync to phone". All of your contacts will be restored! I swear as much as this happens, you would think that Verizon would have figured this out!!!

0 Likes
njronbo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I realize many of these posts are old.

However, anyone still having issues with their posts disappearing check to see if you have an app installed called CALL CONTROL.

If you do, that is the culprit.  There have been many reported posts across the Internet that app is erasing contacts.

Uninstall the app and you should be fine.

0 Likes
Julie329

Thanks JerryF! Am in the process of returning my contacts to Google, and I have finally turned AutoSync off. Now to remember to backup periodically on my own...

0 Likes