will insurance cover my phone? DROID2 GLOBAL
paigebarbrey

I have had my DROID 2 Global for about over a year now and I have been getting glitches and spazzing moments a lot more often as before. Before these were ignoreable. Now, that I have factory reset my phone and everything else that I thought could help it the problem is getting worse and worse each day. I am wondering would my insurance would cover this type of claim (glitching and spazzing) because I am wanting a new phone to replace this one. Also I have had the same exact model and phone before because I had that one replaced as well and it did the same thing. I know this isn't my fault nor am I causing it. I am just wanting to get a new phone if my insurance will allow to do so. Can anyone answer this question for me?

0 Likes
Re: will insurance cover my phone? DROID2 GLOBAL
thaprofit11

When I had a Droid 2 it worked fine for me up until I update to Gingerbread. After that my phone started freezing often and when i would type text messages it would freeze and make me retype entire messages. I called Verizon and they offered me a compatible like-new replacement device. I had gotten about 3 replacement devices post-gingerbread and everytime i updated the stock Froyo it would happen all over again so they just gave me another phone.

Hope this helps

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Paigebarbrey, do you have TEC (Total Equipment Coverage) on your phone, or the extended warranty part of it at least? That extends the one-year manufacturer's warranty to two years, so you wouldn't have to pay an insurance deductible. These kinds of problems are usually covered under warranty, unless, of course, there's obvious damage to the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, paigebarbrey-

I would like to see this resolved for you. Can you elaborate on the glitches and spazz moments that are happening? Its possible this is covered under a warranty, if applicable. Has the device had any physical or liquid/moisture damage to it? Please keep me posted so I can assist futher.

Thank you!
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes