2013 Camaro, MyLink Infotainment System and BlueTooth Problem
CarolinaEd

New 2013 Camaro with the MyLink Infotainment System. Stock Razr Maxx HD 4.1.2. Also have a 2007 Toyota Tundra with Hands Free BT (phone talking only). The MyLink systems is able to sync your contacts from your phone via BT to the MyLink system to give you truly hands free calling. Say call name and it dials, etc. Also will stream music from the phone via BT.

On the Tundra, the phone will sync w/o any issues and the phone part has worked w/o any issues that I've been able to find so far. On the new Camaro, after an initial pairing, everything works just as intended and it is wonderful. However, if I turn phone BT off, wait a few seconds and then turn it back on, the phone says it's paired, but nothing works. Same result if I just turn the car off like normal, then start it back up later, like having gone into a store or something. The only way to get it to work again is to completely remove the phone from the MyLink system, then re-pair from scratch. Phone works great again.... the first time, then the problem repeats.

At first, I thought it could be a MyLink issue, b/c I never had trouble with my Tundra even thouh it doesn't have the ability to sync contacts or stream BT audio. Yesterday, a buddy of mine and I went to lunch and for testing, we used both his Razr Maxx (non-HD) and his iPhone 4S. Paired them, could turn BT on and off, left it paired and turned the car off, had lunch and started the car back up, never had an issue. Everything worked just t

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: 2013 Camaro, MyLink Infotainment System and BlueTooth Problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CarolinaEd, congrats on the new car. Bluetooth is such a useful feature, and we want to make sure that it's working as it should. I see you posted in another thread. Were those steps able to help with your Bluetooth issue? If no change, please also boot your phone into safe mode and test to see if issue still occuring http://vz.to/12YTrOi.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
CarolinaEd

Issue still happens. Tried making sure Wireless was turned off when starting the vehicle. Same issue. Going to have to give directions on how to get into Safe Mode. No idea how to do that on the phone. I've wiped the cache clear and done a factory reset on the phone. Still no luck.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

CarolinaED just wanted to Ask.!  are you just wanting to Play Music from your Maxx HD  through the Camaro's Speakers I would do this the Camaro has a 1/8 impute Jack all you need to do is Go to your Local Radio Shack and get a 1 ft or a 2 Audio Cable Patch and Hook the 2 togoether you be listening in Seconds 1 NOTE though turn your Audio down on your Cars System and turn the Audio on the Phone to About Mid Way.. Kind of Experiment with it but this is how i hook my Razr Maxx up in our Truck to listen to Slacker or Pandora We have a 2011 Extended Cab Silverado..

Let me Know how it Does... b33   the part No on the Audio Cable i use is 4202497

Here's a Link: that shows a Pic

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102970

0 Likes
CarolinaEd

I need it for the phone more than the music. The music would be a bonus, but the phone working is a must. Problem still persists. Very annoying at this point.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well you might ought to Contact your Local Chevy Dealer or Contact GM and find out if the System is Compatible with your phone Google search on the Web can help sometimes as Well.. 

0 Likes
CarolinaEd

According to GM it is, and according to Verizon, it is.

0 Likes