2nd part of 6.0 update failed...
NickT88
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well I was excited this morning when my phone told me that I had a 2 part update to get 6.0! the first part update just fine... I let it do what it needed to and everything went fine. It came to update the second part and I hit the update button and it did nothing after it did the countdown... I went to check the updates and it said that 24.14.11.en.US failed to download. so I figured it would try again when i checked for updates. Nope, it said it was up to date. It definitely isn't. I even tried clearing the system cache to see if that would help - it didn't.

After this I decided to try using the Software Update Assistant. After one software repair, and one software and driver uninstall, I'm beginning to realize that it isn't going to detect my phone. my computer and the phone itself acknowledges the connection, but SUA will not see my phone. Yes, I made sure it was in MTP mode. I REALLY hope that Verizon doesn't half-*** this whole update. It would be nice if they made it available as an update you can put on your SD card if they don't fix this OTA issue....

But the question... Does anyone have any idea how to fix it?

P.S. Verizon Support, if you try to help me, please don't give a round-about answer. If you don't know why it's doing it, let me know and please just look in to it. I don't like having my phone hanging in the middle of a major update...

Thanks!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 2nd part of 6.0 update failed...
dungareez
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had same issue Download failed on second part and it claimed software was up to date.

Here is the solution I found.

1. Install the motorola software update assistance application (SUA) from either your phone or this link:

http://www.motorola.com/VerizonSoftwareUpdateWin

2.  It does NOT appear to be compatible with USB v3 so make sure you connect your phone with USB v2.

3.  Link to their pdf on how to use the SUA:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/BPOD-H9887-SUA-moto-V7.pdf

Basically install, connect phone, select device in app and click update.

It will then download and install update.  Stay connected to PC.

After it goes throught the process you will need to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable (the pc will prompt you)

Now running android version 6.0 (at least for me.

I did this in Windows 7, but I have read compatible with up to 10.  Seems must have USB 2.  Read USB 3 does not work.  Seemed to be the case on my win 10 computer that only had USB 3. 

Good luck all.

View solution in original post

Trinity343
Enthusiast - Level 1

I second this. i just attempted my updates and had the same thing happen. first part went through fine. 2nd part failed, but when i try to check for updates again it says i'm up to date already. the version my phone says it's on it still 5.1.1

Screensorry
Enthusiast - Level 1

Experienced the same issue .  any help ?

0 Likes
Motoyogi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue here...just to add to the list.

0 Likes
TheWeepingAngel

Me as well

0 Likes
Rickdukejr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here. Was fine until I got home and connected to wifi. Now it says download failed and it is up to date but it isn't.

Overj777
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue here around 2pm EST. The First update took with no issues, downloaded over WiFi, installed, apps optimized. Phone then started downloading step two, 1.2GB, over WiFi, pressed install, got countdown and then....... Nothing, phone just stayed on, no update. Current version shows 23.31.24. Check for updates shows system up to date. Hopefully VZW will have a solution soon(and not give the answer posted above by Adam_VZW)

Jmocarsk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having trouble as well as my wife's DT2. Both failed to down load update and say they are updated. They are not.

AlexS77
Enthusiast - Level 3

They have no idea what they are doing and apparently we as customers don't have a right to discuss this. They just pulled a similar feed where we were discussing the problems. I suggest we flood the call center lines & speak our minds. Verizon is looking like a joke releasing updates then pulling them. Then releasing them again only to result in failure.

Elfin5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same same!