Re: 2nd part of 6.0 update failed...
Edfromlee

Mine failed at 12:30am on Saturday.

0 Likes
dungareez
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had same issue Download failed on second part and it claimed software was up to date.

Here is the solution I found.

1. Install the motorola software update assistance application (SUA) from either your phone or this link:

http://www.motorola.com/VerizonSoftwareUpdateWin

2.  It does NOT appear to be compatible with USB v3 so make sure you connect your phone with USB v2.

3.  Link to their pdf on how to use the SUA:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/BPOD-H9887-SUA-moto-V7.pdf

Basically install, connect phone, select device in app and click update.

It will then download and install update.  Stay connected to PC.

After it goes throught the process you will need to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable (the pc will prompt you)

Now running android version 6.0 (at least for me.

I did this in Windows 7, but I have read compatible with up to 10.  Seems must have USB 2.  Read USB 3 does not work.  Seemed to be the case on my win 10 computer that only had USB 3. 

Good luck all.

Lovingtonfirefighter
Enthusiast - Level 3

Score! I followed the steps Dungareez listed and it worked. I will update my wife's phone the same way. If I have a problem, I will post another comment. Until then...God bless

Overj777
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks ! Followed your steps, upgrade successful. I also was trying on a win10 usb3.0 pc, pulled out an older laptop and boom! Thanks!

0 Likes
Richee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine isn't working, cN you help?

0 Likes
OmegaSD
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the suggestion. Of note, I think it is not compatible with Windows 10. I only have a Win10 PC, with both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0. It doesn't even register my phone on USB 3.0; with USB 2.0, my PC detects my phone, but the software updater program does not.

I'm going to try it on my wife's Mac and see if I can get it to work.

elhoblit

Followed the Motorola VZW updater, and made sure that I used USB 2.0, rather than 3.0.  Finally got the update this morning. I'll also note that I used a Windows 10 PC, for the update.  So thanks for the help and suggestion.

0 Likes
Lovingtonfirefighter
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just updated my wife's phone. It went just as smoothly as mine.

0 Likes
Rickdukejr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. I have tried all USB 2 and 3 ports on Win10 and SUA does not see phone but PC does.

0 Likes
Shawnboy_ate_one
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same issue. Tried updating through SUA and its trying to install ver. 23.31.24 which is already installed. SUA sends phone into the bootloader and then errors out. it prompts to disconnect and reconnect the phone. After that it attempts to repair, the repair fails, then sends the phone into recovery mode. I have already done a factory data reset. I took a trip to my local Verizon store and they hadn't heard of the issue so they are contacting their Motorola rep. still waiting to hear back from them.

0 Likes