3G in a 4G network
cygnusx19

My Maxx has always only shown 3G in the top bar and I have verified I'm in a 4G network. What's up with that?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: 3G in a 4G network
Not applicable

A) are other with 4G phones also showing 3G? If so then perhaps you're in a weak signal area.

B) If its just you try restarting your phone.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well if you in the Area and your Maxx has I.C.S. you might Try Flipping the Setting from Global to LTE / CDMA that's what i done on my Maxx with I.C.S and what i suggested to a Customer on here a month or so ago and it worked on there Maxx.. Here and mine as well.. Here is how to Get to the Setting!  Go to Settings --> Data --> Tap More --> Then Tap Mobile Networks --> then choose Network Mode then Tap LTE / CDMA then hit your Home Button and it might hurt doing a Soft Reset. But give that try and if you haven't Got this app try Motorola's Restore Connectivity App..  b33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
cygnusx19

So I took it back to the corporate store I bought it from and they determined it was defectective and are Fed Exing me a new one. But this was after talking with cutomer service over the phone. She said "Oh that's a known issue with that phone and I assure you that you are getting 4G even though it doesn't show that". After I convinced her I wasn't accepting her bogus answer, she transferred me to tech support. After verifying I had ICE and Jellybean installed (this phone doesn't get Jellybean) he said to compare my internet speed to somebody that had real 4G and my phone would probably be just as fast and he was told by his instructor that 4G was really just a marketing gimmick. What a hoot!. At least the guys working in the store were real pros.

0 Likes
padre44

So far its working on my Maxx without the soft boot.  You'd think Verizon would be on top of this because I see this problem all over the place on all types of phones.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup.. it can sometimes happen..

0 Likes