4.4 Update
gman68137
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wish someone from VZW would address the 4.4 update.  VZW's homepage says the MAXX is available with KitKat 4.4.  While that may be true for a very few customers, I know from reading all the discussions and looking at my phone that 4.4 is not available.  I know I'm complaining, but I think it's a valid reason being that I have been a customer for over 10 years and this is not the type of customer service I would expect from a company like VZW. 

Labels (2)
Re: 4.4 Update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The current rumors. http://www.droid-life.com/2013/12/29/reports-of-droid-maxxultra-kit-kat-update-bricking-phones-arriv...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Not looking to Good,

I updated my ol droid X to some latest software not doing to bad for a phone that's been in the box for 6 months it's a little bit slower than my Razr's but still works Keen b

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

With it messing the phones up I am glad they are no longer offering it on those phones. I would rather be a couple of versions behind on my phone if it helps from making my phone nothing but a paperweight.

4.4 Update
gman68137
Enthusiast - Level 2

I really like the phone though, but now I may change it out for another one that has the update.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

gman68137 wrote:

I really like the phone though, but now I may change it out for another one that has the update.

The update will come to the phone. Exactly when is the question.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup! Just as past Updates have before this one,  they'll get kick back n forth if need be > between the two companies like a soccer ball till it suits there needs..  Hopefully though it's not a dragged out one like I've seen in the past say like 6 months b

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Give the Moto X a look I like how they put the Sim in it's own Area and not behind the Volume Rocker I thing that was dumb idea on Moto's part.. As that area would be heavily used for adjusting Volume for certain needs

0 Likes
4.4 Update
gman68137
Enthusiast - Level 2
Got the 4.4 update this morning. So far, no issues!
0 Likes
downevolver

Got notified for the update this morning and since downloading it, I've been stuck in a bootloop. I took it to a VZW store after 4 hours of the Maxx powering on and shutting off and they are sending me a new one tomorrow. No one in the store acted like they had any idea what a smartphone even is, let alone one of their products or how to manage my issue.

0 Likes