5.1 Update and Turbocharging?
TheSeeker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since the update to LP 5.1 it seems as if the turbocharging has gone away.....it still says "Turbo charger detected" when the phone is plugged in, but the time it takes is no longer the 15 minutes it was before.

Has anyone else noticed this?

One selling point of the "Turbo" was the fast charging.....

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: 5.1 Update and Turbocharging?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I love the feature of it charging quickly TheSeeker. When did this start? Are you using the original charger? The charger is suppose to give you a charge of  8 hours. How long does it take for you to charge your phone?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TheSeeker
Enthusiast - Level 3

As I mentioned above, it started after updating to LP 5.1

I do use the original charger.

It still says that a Turbo charger is detected, but it doesn't seem to charge in the 15 minutes as it used to.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the clarifying information The Seeker. When was the update done to your phone? Has any other charger been tested? How long does your battery last after you charge your phone for 15 minutes?

JorgeO_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TheSeeker
Enthusiast - Level 3

The update to LP 5.1 was approximately two to two and a half weeks ago for my Droid Turbo.  Then there was a minor update by Verizon about one week ago.

The 15 minute charge was only if the battery was at 50% or more as I understand it (before the update). 

No, I only use the supplied charger.

I'm not the person to ask about how long a charge lasts because I rarely ever allow my phone to go below 25%.  Plus, I've always been under the assumption that your charge depends on how much you use the phone and what apps you're using since the last charge.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate these details, TheSeeker. The charge that the phone gets in 15 minutes, (as long as its with the Turbo charger), will give you up to 8 hours of use. As you mentioned, depending on the use of the phone, it could be less than 8 hours. However, from what you've described, the phone is working as it should be.

VanessaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Turbo charger is supposed to charge faster when the battery is low like below 50% and probably more like below 30%. As the phone battery is fuller the charging rate slows down.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes