6250????
mcworker

I keep getting these messages that say 6250: [urgent]vzwnmn:1 sometimes 1 or 2 messages sometime a bunch like in 30 sec. they don't always say urgent

and the number changes from 1-5 this happening for a week now it is refurbished What is it and how do I make it stop? it's annoying af tried calling custom service

they said only send mgs for being close to data etc they didn't send it

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: 6250????
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Search is your friend on this community forum. I would suggest starting with the discussions listed to the right of your post under the "More like this".

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mcworker,

Whew! I'm relieved that I got your post. Reason being is because I know exactly how to remedy this issue. Ultimately, this is tied into a feature called Sync & Connect via the Backup Assistant Application. And all we need to do is turn off your alerts. At your convenience, please accept my follow request, follow back, and direct message me your name, mobile number, and billing system password (or last four of your social if a password isn't present).

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Meshell0812
Enthusiast - Level 1

I Am having this same issue. Can you help me please?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm here to give you information about these messages, and help you resolve this issue.  Here's what I know about the issue:

The 6250 message is a wake up message for the Sync & Connect email component of the Backup Assistant Plus (BUA ) service available on the device. If the device is capable and has the BUA client it should understand the 6250 message as the email alert update on the device and not display it as an unintelligible message. We are looking for reasons why the client may corrupt and display it as text. If the email end points are removed from the web (steps here) (see number 10 and 22) and then you re-add them on the device, it should correct the clients ability to interpret the email alert so it doesn't display as text. Give these steps a try, and the alerts should go away.

I hope that helps fix the issue. Let us know any updates once you try these steps.

Thanks,

SammuelP
VZW Support

0 Likes