uravonrep

I am just trying to figure out how many hours 6gb and 8gb would equal out to

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: 6gb and 8 gb
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi uravonrep!

I understand your concerns about the relation of time and data. Data usage is not measured by time but by the amount of data actions taken and the size of the data media and files being downloaded or streamed. Please visit this link http://vzw.com/DataCalculator for a better understanding on how to calculate data usage and the things that can be done with 6GB-8GB of data. Have a wonderful day!

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

That would depend on what you are doing during those hours.  One Netflix movie can be around 2GB.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

As Jim said it can Vary to what your doing:  listening to Music, Watching movies, watching live Feeds can all reflect different patterns of time & usage.. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Data isn't like a gas tank on a car where you can be reasonably sure that X gallons=X miles. Though speed and driving conditions can vary that number somewhat the number should be close to what you can get. In fact your question is more like asking 16 gallons of gas = how many hours of driving? Doesn't really make sense.

As was said a Netflix movie can be more than 2 GB per hour. Though that's more likely if your outputting it to a TV than on a phone, but who knows. My Lucid only uses about 350 MB per hour on Netflix as far as I can tell. A Razor Maxx with a bigger screen with more pixels and more oomph under the hood probably uses more. Whether that's 2 GB an hour who knows. Even the lowest quality YouTube type video you will be watching will use a lot of data. Probably in excess of 150 MB an hour minimum. Best to use wi-fi if you can whenever you are watching video.

Streaming music like Pandora or Spotify can vary also. Typically most streaming music is between 128 kbps and 192 kbps( between 56 MB - 84 MB per hour ) though Spotify premium is 320 kbps( 140 MB per hour ). My ESPN radio app uses less than 50 kbps.

Just browsing websites checking e-mail won't use a lot of data.

For the record 1024 MB = 1 GB. In case you were not aware.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I think streaming a Netflix movie through my Motorola Razr Maxx to a laptop or tablet can be around 2GB per movie, not per hour, but I don't remember for sure.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Like I said I don't know. I do know on my Lucid because I tested it. In fact it's the same with wi-fi or mobile data so I know it's the device limiting the usage somehow not the internet connection. Of course my Lucid is only 4 inches and 800X480. Netflix typically only puts out enough bandwidth that device can handle or needs. So yeah I can see a tablet or laptop using 2 GB per movie

0 Likes