Activate Advance Calling is Greyed Out on Droid Turbo
danieljon

All of a sudden, I lost the ability to make and receive WiFi Calls on my Droid Turbo.  The Activate Advance Calling is greyed out and I cannot activate it.  I do get the HD icon when I make calls because HD voice is activated, but not WiFi.  Just happened yesterday.  Anyone have the same problems.  Any idea how to fix.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Activate Advance Calling is Greyed Out on Droid Turbo
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What does the line under the 'Activate Advanced Calling' say?  My Droid Turbo 2 has the Activate Advance Calling greyed out, but the line under it says 'Service upgraded to HD Voice and Video calling'.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
danieljon

Mine says the exact same thing.  Problem is though, when I make or receive calls, I don't get the WiFi icon anymore that I used to get.  I only get the HD icon, and I'm not engaging in a WiFi call

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

danieljon,

We can relate to how important it is for your features to work. Advanced calling is now referred to as HD voice on your device.

One way to verify the feature is working is to enable Airplane mode, then ensure WiFi is on, then place a call. What happens?

Just in case: http://spr.ly/6589Ditqt

Kati_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

danieljon, help is here as we always want you to have access to every feature on your device. Let's get started. Via your phone, go to Settings>Advanced calling. You should see the following:

Activate Advanced Calling (grayed out)

Advanced Calling

Wi-Fi Calling 

Do you see Wi-Fi Calling listed as the third option? If so, what happens when you attempt to tap it? Also, has there been any recent changes to your account or device? 

Natasha_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
danieljon

Hello Kati

I did this a couple of times. Does not enable wifi calling in spite of the fact that wifi is active. I reset the Network settings as well as a cache clear. Still no wifi calling. Getting kind of frustrated. Any idea what my next steps are ? I'm really not wanting to do a factory reset on this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the steps you've taken, danieljon. Let's dig into this further before resorting to a factory reset. When you enable WiFi on your device, are you able to connect to a WiFi network? What software version do you have on your Turbo? Here is a link to check: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-117844/

LynnD_VZW

0 Likes
danieljon

Hello Lynn

I actually responded to this yesterday, but I got an error on the email and it never went through. So let's try again.

I am on Android 6.0.1. I updated March of 2017. And there are currently no more updates.

I have a very good WiFi Connection. So I don't have any problems accessing things like Google, Twitter, etc. I've tried everything. I've wiped the Cache Partition, Reset the Network Settings, Shut down the phone and restarted, taken out the SIM card and put it back in. Used a different WiFi Network. Put it in Airplane Mode, turned on WiFi and tried making a call. Nothing works. Just cannot enable WiFi. I've not made any changes to my account. I took a look at it yesterday and HD Voice was on my account.

I've had problems with this before, but never to this extent where a reset or something similar didn't work. The original phone (Droid Turbo) did not have WiFi calling when I got it 3 years ago. So I'm wondering if it just wasn't built to accept this upgrade. I really hate to have to go out and buy a new phone. And I hate to have to go through a Factory Reset. But if I do, I do.

Any ideas ?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

danieljon, thanks for the feedback and all the steps you've already taken to attempt to correct this issue. I feel your frustration and only want to best possible outcome for you. Your Droid Turbo was definitely built to handle to most recent software update and I understand your concerns over not wanting to factory reset the phone if we can help it. Let's work together to exhaust any additional troubleshooting steps before you ever consider upgrading into a new phone.

This can potentially be a software related issue and you can always perform a Software Repair on your Droid Turbo via your computer. This troubleshooting step would strip away your existing software and reload a brand new copy if the existing version you have is corrupt. In step #8 from the link attached, you will be given the option to not erase user data from the phone which will help you retain all your personal content throughout the Software Repair. Please reference the link attached on step by step instructions for performing the Software Repair. http://spr.ly/6587DcnxS

Please keep us posted on any changes and if this does resolve your issue. If the issue still persists afterward, a Factory Data Reset on the phone would be the only last resort option.

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes