Advice for new Razr owners
rstp

My dog got hold of my Droid X, so I replaced it with a Razr, which won out over the iPhone 4s becase of 4G and screen size. First day, I found that my connection, whether 4G, 3G, roaming, whatever, would spontaneously drop out.  No rhyme or reason behind it. Verizon tech support tried to be helpful, but the tech sounded like she was grabbing at straws. She's sending me a SIM card. 

However, yesterday evening I went to Motorola's website and downloaded the latest software update, 6.11.748.XT912.  This update is supposed to provide:

Phone

• Improved 4G data connectivity
  • Eliminated false SIM error messages
  • Improved performance for transition between 3G and 4G connections
  • Improved maintenance of network connection upon completion of a voice call
  • Enhanced Wi-Fi performance

Camera

• Enhanced camera performance

Phone Stability

• Resolved general stability issues in menu access. Browser, Phone Dialer, video playback and music player reducing Force Close errors and lockups.

Other

• Improved readability for Lapdock™ email, SMS and social networking user interface menu items
  • Updated group message notifications

IF YOU HAVE NOT INSTALLED THIS UPDATE, DO IT NOW!  My Razr is now working flawlessly, and (aside from battery life) I can say I love it.  The Razr now has the highest sensitivity of any phone I've owned, and that's a lot. I've been with Verizon a LONG time, beginning when it was Metro Mobile CTS.  I live in the country, 60 miles south of any major city, and I can now travel between the two without losing a signal! 

The RAZR ROCKS!  (except for the battery life, like I said, but that's what car chargers are for )

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Advice for new Razr owners
erictx182

I have this already downloaded and my phone drops 4G and doesn't pick up 3G just shows no connection. Any other help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I believe verizon pushed out the update on its own. then again not knowing when you purchased it I have had this razr for about 2 months now .

0 Likes
thor77
Enthusiast - Level 3

try turning off 4g and just leave the 3g on.there an app for that.and of course make sure data is enabled.you area may not have a good 4g connection.

0 Likes