After Android update I can no longer connect to PC with USB
etgidley

After the recent Android Update we can no longer connect to a PC via USB. Tried on several different PC's and two different Droids. I went to the local Verizon store and a tech there told me how to get the phone into developer mode and do some other convoluted things to get it connected. This appears to be a work around. Are there plans to fix this in the future?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: After Android update I can no longer connect to PC with USB
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Have you tried to reinstall the drivers on your computer for the phone?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm assuming your phone updated to the Marshmallow OS?  If so, the default USB mode is now charging only.  Once you connect the phone and computer via the USB cable, pull down the phone's notification shade, tap where it says USB Charging, and change it to File Transfer.

etgidley

Thanks for the response Kathy.

No I have not. Drivers on my Computer for the Phone. Hummmm. Not sure where even to go to do that. I’ll go back to the Forum and browse.

Thanks, Ed

0 Likes
etgidley

OK – I connected the phone to my computer, went through the convoluted gyrations to get the phone to appear on my computer, then selected the phone in Device Manager and searched for updated drivers, and it came back and said the best driver was already installed.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried the other suggestion provided earlier?  Have you pulled down the phone's notification shade and changed the USB mode from charging to File Transfer?

0 Likes
etgidley

Thanks for the info, however, when I pull down the Notification Shade there is no USB icon.

I have had this Droid Turbo for several years, USB connectivity has worked until the latest update, early this year.

I am beginning to think it is a push to forces us to use the “Cloud” and as a result pay premiums for additional space.

0 Likes
etgidley

FYI I updated to

24.81.5 quark.verision.verizon.en.us

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's not an icon, it's a notification.  See if this helps:

Move Pictures / Videos from Device - DROID TURBO by Motorola | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Berziller
Enthusiast - Level 1

"Have you pulled down the phone's notification shade and changed the USB mode from charging to File Transfer?".

This worked for me. Thank you!

-s