After preforming a data reset, voicemail icon is useless!
PinkFloyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

As a last resort I did a factory reset sue to I could no longer upload videos to YouTube. I was constantly getting the error message "unable to upload from cloud services".

I don't use any cloud service, don't have any installed on phone, etc. etc. It was suggested to clear my cache, which I did, and that proved to not help.

So back to my problem now...

I did a data reset. Got all (which isn't many) apps back via Google. And all works fine...including uploading videos to YouTube once again.

All works fine except for the voice mail icon. Now when I click on it, it sits there and says

"please wait...connecting".

Connecting to what? I don't have visual voice mail. I have never had this problem before.

Used to be able to hit the icon, and it would dial voice mail, and I would enter my pass word.

I spent probably 40 mins. on the phone with Verizon support (and he was good!) and we racked our brains trying to figure out why it is doing this. We ended up hitting a dead end.

Also, before I did the data reset the voice mail icon was a greenish/yellow color. After the reset it is blood red. The rep thought that was interesting...and so do I. Course we were not sure what it meant, other than maybe somehow I missed an update on Verizon software prior to the data reset. But I don't think I did...but who knows.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions? I would do another data reset, but I have a strong feeling it will not correct this.

Last but not least...I woke up this morning with a message in the status bar with the voice mail avatar/icon saying something like "data received but unable to load" or something like that. Wish I would have wrote it down

So what do you all think happened to my phone?

Any suggestions other than another data reset, and just dial *86?

Thanks

Subject line edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (2)
0 Likes