After system upgrade via USB, phone is frozen!
bburns1955

Did a system update via USB to computer, to the 24.. system on my droid turbo. Now it's stuck on the "big M" powered by android screen, won't turn off or on!  Help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: After system upgrade via USB, phone is frozen!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I too would be concerned if my device was stuck on the boot screen after performing a USB update, bburns1955. Let’s see if we can get your phone back working. Was there a specific reason you updated your device via USB instead of over-the-air? Did you receive any error messages while updating your device? What happens if you try these steps to get your Turbo to start in Safe Mode? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-117840/

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: After system upgrade via USB, phone is frozen!
bburns1955

I updated by USB because I don't have wifi at home. But the phone wouldn't even boot up, it would come to the Motorola logo page -- the big M, with Powered by Android at bottom -- & wouldn't go further. The advanced tech helped me for 2-3 hours. We did a factory reset & then the phone just kept erasing, cycling off & coming back to the logo screen, then erasing again. Did this for 14 hours, so I took it to the Verizon store the next day & they said it was toast.

This is VERY frustrating, as I really liked that phone, & didn't have the money to buy another phone but had to. So this phone issue is a moot point now, as I had to buy a new phone. I had the store throw the Droid Turbo away, as it was aggravating hearing the vibrations when it would cycle back on (twice each time, before going back to erasing).

Thanks anyways, though.

0 Likes