Re: Android 4.4 KitKat Update Tracking - Motorola Razr Maxx HD
Weezy1121
Enthusiast - Level 3

Their doing a TEST for something but normally the Email that goes out says its a soak TEST or software TEST the weird thing its this email doesn't say anything about a software TEST. The quarter its basically over and the update still hasn't been released. And I'm getting lots of app updates from the play store and every update I've got crashes the app now when i try to open it after the update. I don't know if the updates are for apps running under kitkat or what but they sure aren't working under jelly bean any more. But this is my last post about kitkat I'm tired of waiting for the update and being told all kinds of stuff so if my phone says there's an update great if not oh well. My phone will be due to be replaced by the time its released anyways.

0 Likes
Kregdm

Is the Droid RAZR m going to b updated to kitkat

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

According to Motorola, yes.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Kregdm,

Having the latest software is definitely exciting! No need to worry because once updates are available they will be automatically pushed to your phone. You can visit http://bit.ly/n5snpq for the latest announcements and information.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Prozac4dave
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are such a Jack Wagon for posting that link.... It had literally NOTHING to do with this topic there right now. You got my hopes up yet proved a let down in the same way Verizon has proven to be time after time with things like this.... How bout you go plan more invasive Bloatware to add to the new generation of devices and report back when you actually have something useful to add to THIS topic.... And not some ignorant puppet media news that you more than likely get paid to send people to in lieu of actual on topic information.... Ya jack Wagon!

(Jack Wagon)

RabidNinjaGerbil
Enthusiast - Level 2

you are 100% correct. To quote Dodgeball, "[Isis] is as useful as a poppy flavored lollipop".

The fact it's only available in select markets under select circumstances renders is useless for just about everyone. It is a shame VZW chose to go that route than say Google Wallet. And, if you're root, like any responsible Android user is, Isis won't even let you in.

So, being root with Titanium Backup, I did what everyone should do: remove the VZW crapware - including Isis. Oh, and froze the updater. Enough of the 'GPS' fixes that lock bootloader exploits.

Silly VZW taking away user choice. Jerks.

Prozac4dave
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will say that if Verizon doesn't get the Nexus 6 (or whatever they decide to call it) I will be switching to AT&T! they brought in the 7 and it would be ignorant to bring in the 5 at anything close to retail value (which I'm sure they will rape their customers on anyways). I've been waiting for a few months for my Droid RAZR MAXX HD to get kitkat.... I'm like 6 months away from upgrade time.... If we get kitkat it'll be to late for me to actually enjoy it, so I guess I should be looking into phone upgrades, especially with Android LOLIPOP soon to be released .... AND IM PRETTY CLOSE TO DONE WITH VERIZON.... $95 a month for less than I can get elsewhere for cheaper. This is pretty much gonna be the final draw.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Incidentally, Isis IS and ALWAYS has been available in all markets. When the test program was being run in only Salt Lake City and Austin, TX, you could call in and have the NFC SIM card shipped, free of charge, to you. You could then use ISIS in ANY location in your area which was set up for contactless payment. Of course, not all locations have the ability for contactless payment, but then again if they don't you can't use Google Wallet, either. Isis has been "available" nationwide for only ~6 months, but I have been using it up and down the eastern seaboard(MA down to FL) for well over a year.Smiley Happy

NeilOMalley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Rumors are that it is coming in a few more weeks.  Here is a Droid-Life article on it.

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/04/14/motorola-razr-hd-and-razr-m-kit-kat-updates-arrive-in-a-few-mor...

0 Likes
NeilOMalley
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes