Android Hotspot Connection
Debby1961

I'm having difficulty with my laptop running Windows 7 connecting to (or more specifically: finding) my Droid Razr mobile hotspot.  My Kindle Fire connected just fine but the laptop just keeps searching for the wireless device.  Has anyone had this issue?  Any advice on what I can do?  Any advice is much appreciated.  Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Android Hotspot Connection
Beatertruck
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a friend with a Motorola ATRIX 2 (on AT&T) and they also had an issue connecting with a Windows 7 computer via Hotspot.  It would connect to any other device like a phone or tablet, just not the computer running Windows 7.  After talking with tech support and with Motorola for about 2-3 hours, there was no resolution.  They exchaged it the next day for an HTC Vivid and then it worked just fine.

0 Likes
Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

I have a moto maxx and my laptop sometimes cannot see that the razr maxx hotspot is on. What ive found that will always restore it has been to go into the network connections list on my computer and delete the razr then reboot the computer and when its finished booting up it recognizes that the razrs hotspot is there. I had hoped that with the recent update it would have solved this issue but it has not.  I have even updated the wireless drivers but to no avail. This so far has been the only thing that i have found so far that will restore the hotspot for me. Give it a try and maybe it will work for you.  Maybe someone else has foiund a fix.Good  luck       Jesse

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Debby1961,

I know it's upsetting when your PC doesn't see the RAZR so you can use the Hotspot. I use my Hotspot all the time, so I can understand how you must feel. I'd like to ask a couple questions, as well as provide some troubleshooting steps.

Have you updated the software on the RAZR? Here's a link with the information, if needed. http://bit.ly/sXxX2y Please update if you have not already, and then try again.

Please also try downloading and installing any updated drivers for your laptop that include Wi-Fi adapters. This may also resolve the issue for you.

Thanks for your posting, and please post back with results. We want to make sure you can use the hotspot feature on your phone. Have a good day!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes