Android,Pay,not,working,after,Nougat,update,Druid,Turbo,2

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Android Pay not working after Nougat update Druid Turbo 2
Skjwood
Enthusiast - Level 1

Received an email from Google that they will release an update in April to correct. You can go into Settings and Apps and clear data, then re-add payment methods to correct now. Haven't tried it yet.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Skjwood
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here.

0 Likes
TwistedRonin

Same here. And several Turbo 2 users report the same thing on the marketplace for Android Pay.

0 Likes
LARRDEB

Same here.  Stuck in an infinite pin unlock and re-tap loop that goes nowhere.

0 Likes
Skjwood
Enthusiast - Level 1

Received an email from Google that they will release an update in April to correct. You can go into Settings and Apps and clear data, then re-add payment methods to correct now. Haven't tried it yet.

0 Likes
shirazp_vzw
Verizon Employee

Southerner 1, Android Pay is a hugely convenient feature and my goal is to make sure you have the right information to get back in the game with it on your Turbo 2. • Open Device Settings.

• On device Settings UI, select Apps Google Play Services Storage Manage Space.

• On “Google Play services storage” UI, select “Clear all data”, then go back to “Google Play services storage” UI, and select “Clear Cache”.

• On device Settings UI, select Apps Google Play Store.

• On “App info” UI, select “FORCE STOP”.

• Reboot the device.

• Open Android Pay and re-add your payment cards

Please be aware of side effects of clearing the data:

• Android Pay. Card has to be re-added to the Android Pay

• Android Wear. After clearing the data you would need to factory reset your Android Wear watch and pair it again

0 Likes
LARRDEB

Okay, so I've followed those directions...twice.  I think there's a problem with the steps you've outlined if your accounts are constantly syncing with Google.  It's found my card linked to my Google account on both occasions.  I'm still in a never ending loop that still makes the App unusable.

0 Likes
holls91
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have followed those same steps multiple times.  Android pay will work once, then again I am stuck in the infinite loop of unlock.  At this point I have given up on it.

0 Likes
jimz06
Enthusiast - Level 2

Google Support had me just do the clear cache step with no reboot. First attempt after the "fix" failed again. Amex and Discover are running Android Pay promos so this is now costing me money. When will we see a real fix for this problem?

0 Likes
Apache1280

I am having the same issues, Android pay support tech had me clear the data from the google play services app and re-add the card.  No luck, still getting the unlock phone prompt after tapping the payment terminal.

0 Likes