Android text redirect
ishred4u

Is there a way to redirect text messages to a second line? Phone calls work, but not texts.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Android text redirect
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm here to help with your messaging concern. Regrettably, text messages can not be forwarded. Please let me know if this answers your question. AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
ishred4u

I guess it does.

0 Likes
ishred4u

Are there apps available to do it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ishred4u, being on top of your messaging is vital, especially if you are looking to forward them. If you do not mind us asking, why are you looking to make such a move?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
ishred4u

I have a Verizon cell phone for my business line, which I do not carry with me and do not use. Calls are redirected to my personal Verizon phone. Sometimes I hear from prospective customers that they tried to text me at the business phone number and I don't know it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For your next phone upgrade, you might want to consider purchasing a phone with a dual SIM capability. Have a dual SIM phone allows for two different phone numbers to be directed to the same device.

Some of the currently available phones have a SIM card slot and an eSIM that can both be activated. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to hear that you are having issues with your business line. We understand the importance of seeing what is causing the issue, and we will be glad to help! For how long has this been going on? Have you tried to restart your devices to see if the issue continues? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
ishred4u

I'm simply trying to determine if there is a way to redirect text messages from one line to another.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I totally understand your concern, ishred4u. I know that we don't always carry our business phone with us. I know how essential it is to be able to get your text messages on your personal line. I am sad to say that you are not able to automatically forward (redirect) text messages from a business phone to a personal phone. Does this provide clarity?  AmberF_VZW

0 Likes