Annoying solid white box
Tagney
Enthusiast - Level 2

After update I have a solid white box in the upper left corner of my home screen on the status bar, and it's driving me nuts. What isbit for, and how do I get it off the screen?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Annoying solid white box
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It must be a notification for SOMETHING; the puzzle is figuring out what it is so you  can "acknowledge" it and clear it!  What happens if you CLEAR all the notifications?  Is the square still there?  What notifications (if any) remain on the pull down after clearing everything?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you pull down the notification shade to see what the symbol is associated with?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tagney
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I have tried that, and the white box has no status on the pull down. The only status is the weather app I have running, whicj is normal, bit nothing associated with the solid white box.

0 Likes
Tagney
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can someone from Verizon customer support please address this situation

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is primarily a peer to peer community forum and not a direct link to Customer Service. It might take a few days before the VZW reps that roam this community to respond.

Why don't you provide a screenshot of the homescreen when the symbol is in the notification shade and a screenshot of the notification shade so the community members can see what you see? Please remove any personal information from screenshots before you post them on the community forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just today I saw a white square in my notifications - hadn't seen it before.  When I pulled down the bar to see... it was one of my apps, and you can see the square box in the notification... is this what you see?  (Your app may differ, but is the square white box the same one you see?)

Screenshot_2016-05-04-10-15-53 (2).png

Screenshot_2016-05-04-10-16-08 (2).png

Tagney
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't get a screen shot to post, bit that's the same white box. Mine always appears in the first position no matter what else is there. I turned off all active apps, AMD the box remains.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How are you trying to the post the screenshot?  You need to sign into the desktop view of the community and got to this thread and use the camera icon in the reply editor to select the image from your gallery.

You can't use the mobile site or post it by email.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It must be a notification for SOMETHING; the puzzle is figuring out what it is so you  can "acknowledge" it and clear it!  What happens if you CLEAR all the notifications?  Is the square still there?  What notifications (if any) remain on the pull down after clearing everything?

0 Likes
Tagney
Enthusiast - Level 2

Correct SuzyQ, I clear everything out, and stopped all my apps and that crazy box remains, AMD appears to have nothing running. The past two mornings when I have powered my phone back up it was gone for about 15-20 minute's, bit them just pops back up.

0 Likes