Anyone else have constant service drops or no service after updating to advance calling that requires restarting
landcruising

I have been having constant loss of service after updating my turbo with the advance calling update. the only way I get it back is by restarting, as soon as it goes to sleep it loses service again. Anyone else have this. All I got from the tech line was "when this happened on my iphone I had to do a factory reset, you should do that and sorry for your problems, happy holidays. I would prefer not doing this and spending hours reloading apps and setting etc. just to remove the update.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone else have constant service drops or no service after updating to advance calling that requires restarting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

landcruising,

I am sorry to hear of the dropped service issues you are currently having on your device. When your service drops do you have advanced calling active at that time? Does is happen everywhere you go or only in certain areas? Did you have any service issues prior to the software update in these areas?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Anyone else have constant service drops or no service after updating to advance calling that requires restarting
landcruising

It happens when advance calling is on and off, and multiple areas that I know have service since my wife had full 4gLte bars. I did not have any service issues prior to the update and did a full factory reset, and the problem continues. Seems like part of the update was still installed since advance calling was still an option. I went to the verizon store who connected me to tech support again. After trying updates, pusing them in airport mode, a new sim card, call and text tests, it persisted to go in and out of service, or no service at all. The store reps witnessed this as it was happeneing and a call droped while in the store and a test text message would not allow a reply at one point.

The tech support is sending a new phone to me, and was very helpful, even though it took about 45 minutes of tests while on a land line in the store. Not sure if others are experiencing this but it seems like the upade is conflicting with an app or service since the phone worked great prior to the update and goes in and out of servie while still even in a store with a boosted signal or in a great 4gLte location.

0 Likes