Arizona is NOT on Daylight Savings Time!
astrobrewer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in Arizona, one of the states that does not do Daylight Savings Time.  Our clocks stay on Mountain Standard Time all year.  I had the "Automatic:  Use network provided values" box checked in Date & time settings on my RAZR, as I had it set on my prior android phone.  But the phone thinks its on Mountain Daylight Time instead of Mountain.  I can un-check the automatic box and select Arizona time zone, but I'm guessing that if I do that then if I travel out of state it won't automatically adjust.  Why can't my phone figure out the right time zone?  It can locate me to within a few meters, but it can't set the time correctly.  Is this a Moto/RAZR issue or did someone at Verizon goof up the time zone settings for AZ customers?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Arizona is NOT on Daylight Savings Time!
AZSALUKI
Legend

then it's the tower. i'm in phoenix and mine is accurate. woke up at home (7th street and the 101) and it was right and now i'm in my office (32nd st and indian school rd) and it's still accurate. pretty odd???? have you rebooted any of them to see if it will update them to the right time?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Some parts of AZ does recognize DST. I believe the Navajo Nation does recognize it. So if the tower is on their land, you may be seeing the change due to this.

Otherwise, the tower you are presently hitting is set incorrectly

0 Likes
LGuser01

I have an LG Revolution and I am having the same issue.  I ended up resetting my whole phone this morning  (Back to factory resets) just so I could reset the time.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

my tbolt is set to use the network time and it's correct (i'm in phoenix) so it is likely the tower you are near, like budone mentioned. are you near the state boarder somewhere? it could be grabbing a tower from another state??? however, if it's always been accurate on your other devices, in the same area, then it sort of seems like an issue with the phone itself (but that doesn't make sense to me since it should just be getting the time from the same tower that you always have).

0 Likes
astrobrewer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the good points and suggestions @budone and @AZSALUKI, but I'm in Phoenix, so I'm don't think I'm near a tower in another time zone.  I checked the other verizon phones in my house and all of them have the same time zone problem, so it's definitely Verizon, not all the phones. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

then it's the tower. i'm in phoenix and mine is accurate. woke up at home (7th street and the 101) and it was right and now i'm in my office (32nd st and indian school rd) and it's still accurate. pretty odd???? have you rebooted any of them to see if it will update them to the right time?

0 Likes
astrobrewer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found this article on androidcentral forum:  http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-htc-rezound/153128-what-time-time-zone-issue-known.html  That post claims that a Verizon representative stated that "the time zone issue that those of us in Arizona and others are experiencing is a "known issue" with no specific resolution date." 

But it never hurts to reboot, right?  Can only help.  Sure enough a reboot seems to have done the trick!  I'm back on MST with automatic time setting enabled again.  I'm off to reboot the rest of the phones in the house.  Thanks for the suggestions @AZSALUKI! 

dougabyte

I had the same problem.  Live in Cottonwood.  Rebooted the phone and it reset itself to the correct Arizona time.

0 Likes
tashi

I think it's a network issue, because I'm having the same issue with my Samsung phone.  Thanks to this screw up my alarm this morning went off an hour earlier than I had it set.  I did finally get the phone to show the correct time even when using the "automatic based on network" time zone setting, but I had to reboot the phone 3 times.  And I'm in Tucson FWIW.

0 Likes
SGlitz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in South Phoenix and ever since this past Wednesday (since Daylight Savings) my phone has gone stupid. On Wednesday it reset the date to Feb 1st, 2023  at 11:47am.

It was  4:47  on 4/19. I was at Desert Ridge Mall.

Since having to reboot and reset the time, it had kept time but I have to reset the date EVERY MORNING since.

And the messages about being "out of sync" with the server are getting annoying!

0 Likes