Backup Assistant Plus ate contacts-- anybody else?
Boreas

How do you get to a restore point? The same thing happened to me =/

>>Branched from an earlier discussion<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant Plus ate contacts-- anybody else?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Whoa! Lets pull those contacts back out. Are they still on your device? Are they on the Backup Assistant site? Go to vzw.com/backupassistant and log-in to see if they are saved there. I am looking forward to your reply so that I can better assist.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant Plus ate contacts-- anybody else?
blueroadster

BA+ is unreliable for backing up the data it thinks it is backing up, which makes it USELESS.

Backup Assistant Plus backed up only half (663) of my contacts - no error messages, no notifications, no warnings, nothing to indicate that it had not backed up all of my contacts.  I restored to my replacement phone thinking everything had transferred from my old phone to my new phone, then a week later I found a contact missing, then a phone number missing from another contact.  Called Tech Support who found a note that said that BA+ does not guarantee it will backup everything.  THEY SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME THIS WHEN THEY TOLD ME TO USE BA+ TO BACKUP/RESTORE TO MY REPLACEMENT PHONE!!  After 4 unsuccessful phone calls to Tech Support (one of them saw that there were 634 of my contacts in the Verizon Cloud trash), I finally went to a VZW store and asked them to physically connect my phones to copy my Contacts.  That person told me that BA+ had not backed up 634 contacts from my old phone.  At least she tells her customers that BA+ is buggy and that they should check to make sure everything was backed up.

0 Likes