Backup Assistant Plus ate contacts-- anybody else?
mo45

When I updated to ICS I was prompted to sign in to Backup Assistant plus or create a new account. I had just had Backup Assistant so I created a new account, not knowing that it would not give me access to my contacts in the old Backup Assistant. Talked with Tech Support, they said they would create a trouble ticket and get back to me. A day later got a text saying they were investigating. That was over a week ago. Did anyone else have this problem? Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Backup Assistant Plus ate contacts-- anybody else?
Wildman
Legend

To disable BA+ goto Settings / Application Manager / All / Backup Assistant Plus / Clear Data and restart, this should disable the sync option from device...  This wont delete any data stored on BA+ site but will remove data required to connect to sync server.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

if you had ba, all you needed to do was the upgrade, not create a new ba plus account.

0 Likes
mo45

Well I tried to do the upgrade, but it said something about an invalid PIN, that I needed to create a new account, so I did that, and then all my contacts disappeared. Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i upgraded on my pc without any difficulties from within ba, not sure how the upgrade works if on the phone.

when you create a new account you need to import contacts from gmail, yahoo, pop3......

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mo45, I know how much we rely on our cell phones to keep our contacts. I would be lost without my Backup Assistant! Our network team is normally able to restore the Backup Assistant to a previous date if the contacts are lost for any reason. I'm hoping everything has been resolved by now. If your contacts have still not been restored, please let me know.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

the only way you folks could help is by texting the phone pin/that you can't see, to the phone (just went thru this), remove the new ba account & log into the old ba account & the contacts will be there.

0 Likes
mo45

Thanks! Are you removing the BA Assistant+ from the phone, then? Is

there any way to remove it via Verizon's website?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

no

0 Likes
srowedag

I can top that!  I installed Backup Assistant Plus and it overlaid the perfect, up-to-date contacts list on my phone with some old outdated goofy one.  I removed BA+ from my features on the Verizon Wireless Web site, but cannot get rid of it in the accounts list.  It keeps synching my account automatically.  HELP!  How do I get it off my phone???

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I'm glad i have stuck with Google through the Years i'v had my droids less headaches to deal with b

0 Likes