Bad Reception After VoLTE Update
sktech

Ever since I update the Turbo with the VoLTE update, my call reception dropped significantly.  However, the reception gets better once I turn off the Advanced Calling feature.  Anyone else have this problem?  Any fixes?  Suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bad Reception After VoLTE Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mbarrett03

I definitely want to make sure your calls connect as they should! Advanced Calling is dependent upon your availble 4G signal. Since turning this feature off or connecting to 3G improves your calling experience, this means your 4G signal is not strong enough to maintian the qualify of Advanced Calling you're looking for at this time. Thank you for your patience as this feature is developed!

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sktech,

This doesn't sound like something that should happen. What is your zip code? We want to take a closer look into this. Thanks.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sktech

0 Likes
Mbarrett03
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same trouble as well. Call reception is horrible at my home after getting the volte update an enabling advanced calling.

I think the issue is that I have half a bar of 4g at home and thats not enough of a signal for advanced calling. Turning advanced calling of helps but then I can't have mobile data during a phone call when I'm back in good 4g quality areas.   If I'm home and the phone switched to 3g the quality is better, I think because advanced calling isn't in use.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mbarrett03

I definitely want to make sure your calls connect as they should! Advanced Calling is dependent upon your availble 4G signal. Since turning this feature off or connecting to 3G improves your calling experience, this means your 4G signal is not strong enough to maintian the qualify of Advanced Calling you're looking for at this time. Thank you for your patience as this feature is developed!

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes