Battery doesn't hold charge since 9/22 fiasco - anyone else?
LDig
Enthusiast - Level 2

For all of you who experienced the continuous power cycling issue on 9/21 and 9/22, is anyone now having battery problems? Since the issue was fixed, my Droid Maxx very suddenly stopped holding a charge. It lasts half of a day now. I've done nothing different with the phone and have not downloaded any new apps.

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Battery doesn't hold charge since 9/22 fiasco - anyone else?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LDig,

Having a lasting battery is of the utmost importance. We depend on our devices a lot these days so I understand needing a device that works and holds a charge as it should. I would like to say that I am very happy to hear that your device is no longer power cycling. Let's get to the bottom of this draining battery. If you go to Settings>Battery, what is showing as the list of apps using your battery power? Do you have any isssue with your device taking a charge?

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LDig
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't have issues with it taking a charge. It just doesn't seem to hold a charge. And it wasn't a gradual decline. It was sudden - one day the battery lasted all day, the next day it was drained in 4 or 5 hours.

Google play services has used 39%, android system 37%, screen 11%, wifi 3%, android os 3%, phone idle 2%, voice calls 2%, WCVB app 2%.

0 Likes
jmp13
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone has been doing the same thing and has roughly the same breakdown of battery use.  Mine also only lasts for about 8 hours with the same use and no new apps that were on the phone prior to the 9/22 issues.  I have also cleared the cache files without any change to the battery life.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi jmp131

Let's bring your phoen and battery back to life! Has your phone been exposed to any physical or water damage? Please advise your current device usage history: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-82953/

AyaniB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Limee49
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was told since the upgrade there is yet another area needs to be turned off as it runs up data and battery under settings scroll all the way to bottom the last icon turn off

0 Likes
jmp13
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone has not been damaged physically or by water.  After reviewing the Battery Use link that you provided, I follow some of those guidelines, but not all.  However, my usage has not changed from prior to 9/22/15, where the phone began to constantly reboot every minute or so.  Ever since, as LDig stated, the battery completely drains from a 100% charge in the morning to dead in roughly 8 hours compared to 24-48 hours depending on the use for the day.  The current use when the battery only lasts 8 hours is actually minimal compared to previous usage (i.e. no game playing and minimal email checking).  It appears that Google Play Services and the android system are eating up all of the battery (44% and 36% respectively) today.  My guess is that the google app is keeping my phone from sleeping and draining the battery, but its not an app i can turn off or delete. 

0 Likes
johninfla

Same here... I used to get 2 days on one charge, suddenly I have to charge every night!!

0 Likes
LDig
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm lucky to get 8 hours. I had one long phone call with tech support, and they had me uninstall all apps/updates from Google, and told me to wait 48 hours to see if that did the trick. NOPE. Now I get to call tech support again. I've been with Verizon Wireless for a long time and I'm disappointed they're not making this right.

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do appreciate your loyalty LDig. I will make sure that I look into this and get it fixed. I have sent you a private message so I can further assist with diagnostics.
AmberF_VZW

0 Likes