Battery no longer charges to 100%
fiskie

I have had my Razr Maxx HD since last November and have been impressed with the battery capacity.  I have never had to recharge in the day.  Sometimes I have gone as long as 2 days.  However, about a week ago I noticed that it will not charge to 100% anymore.  This is an issue I cannot find discussed anywhere.  Is there something that can be done, or is the battery toast?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Battery no longer charges to 100%
B33
Legend

It's hard to say Tell me a little more about your Charging habits with your Razr Maxx HD a little more in Detail fiskie..See if i can help ya. Out b33

0 Likes
fiskie

When I first received the device last November, I made it a habit of charging it every night, despite the fact that—at that time—the battery was at a 70-80% charge. I don’t use the phone all that much, I mostly check email, text, and use particular apps, such as those for weather (forecast, radar, etc.)

I have continued that behavior until now. Since I noticed that it was only charging to, say, 98%, I have been charging during the day to force it to 100%, without any luck. In fact, now it won’t charge higher than mid-70%.

I am figuring that since it is being charged, whatever apps may be active might slow it down, but would not keep it from charging to 100% over night.

I do have to admit that several weeks ago, it did descend way down, perhaps to 6%. That is the only time it has gotten that low. But I don’t know if this “low” charge preceded this inability to charge fully, or if it was a result of it.

bob

0 Likes
fiskie

Well, I think I have found the answer to this problem.  I normally recharge the Razr Maxx HD at a station I set up at my desk that consists of a USB cable plugged into a power adapter/charger plugged into an AC wall receptacle.  I began using my Droid for listening at my computer workstation and charged it from a USB port on the computer.  As I think back on it, that is when I found I could not get a 100% charge and when it seemed to charge erratically.

As an experiment this afternoon, I plugged it into the AC adapter.  Bingo--100% charge.  I guess I will know next time I find this is a problem.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That would do it charging Directly from the Wall Charger is the best way to charge) And sorry bob i was for a way for a while from my computer i was Watching the Nascar Race at Daytona) But back to what you posted this how i charge both of my Razr's i have over 8 different Motorola Chargers at my disposal and when i Got my Pedestal Stand back a Year ago i got this Motorola charger that was actually designed to Work with the RazrHD and the Maxx HD but it works great with my Razr's and my Stand..

Have a Look here for some Pic. i posted..  b33

A Stand Fit for Many Styles.!

0 Likes
fiskie

Thanks for your responses. Sometimes I manage to blunder into solutions with stuff like this, but sometimes not. It does make sense now, since a USB port really is not intended to deliver the kind of amperage needed to recharge a battery.

Hope your driver won!

bob

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome:: And i was Hoping Dale Jr. could of One but his Team mate Jimmie Johnson got it) It was kind of a special thing for Jimmie as he One the Daytona 500 earlier this year..

0 Likes
KathyH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi fiskie,

Thanks for reaching out. You have a great device! I am sorry to hear about the problems with your phone.  I would recommend draining the whole battery and then charging it up with the phone powered off. This should do the trick. Keep us posted.

Bobby_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes