Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Battery no longer charges to 100%
fiskie

I have had my Razr Maxx HD since last November and have been impressed with the battery capacity.  I have never had to recharge in the day.  Sometimes I have gone as long as 2 days.  However, about a week ago I noticed that it will not charge to 100% anymore.  This is an issue I cannot find discussed anywhere.  Is there something that can be done, or is the battery toast?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Battery no longer charges to 100%
B33
Sr. Leader

It's hard to say Tell me a little more about your Charging habits with your Razr Maxx HD a little more in Detail fiskie..See if i can help ya. Out b33

0 Likes
fiskie

When I first received the device last November, I made it a habit of charging it every night, despite the fact that—at that time—the battery was at a 70-80% charge. I don’t use the phone all that much, I mostly check email, text, and use particular apps, such as those for weather (forecast, radar, etc.)

I have continued that behavior until now. Since I noticed that it was only charging to, say, 98%, I have been charging during the day to force it to 100%, without any luck. In fact, now it won’t charge higher than mid-70%.

I am figuring that since it is being charged, whatever apps may be active might slow it down, but would not keep it from charging to 100% over night.

I do have to admit that several weeks ago, it did descend way down, perhaps to 6%. That is the only time it has gotten that low. But I don’t know if this “low” charge preceded this inability to charge fully, or if it was a result of it.

bob

0 Likes
fiskie

Well, I think I have found the answer to this problem.  I normally recharge the Razr Maxx HD at a station I set up at my desk that consists of a USB cable plugged into a power adapter/charger plugged into an AC wall receptacle.  I began using my Droid for listening at my computer workstation and charged it from a USB port on the computer.  As I think back on it, that is when I found I could not get a 100% charge and when it seemed to charge erratically.

As an experiment this afternoon, I plugged it into the AC adapter.  Bingo--100% charge.  I guess I will know next time I find this is a problem.

0 Likes
B33
Sr. Leader

That would do it charging Directly from the Wall Charger is the best way to charge) And sorry bob i was for a way for a while from my computer i was Watching the Nascar Race at Daytona) But back to what you posted this how i charge both of my Razr's i have over 8 different Motorola Chargers at my disposal and when i Got my Pedestal Stand back a Year ago i got this Motorola charger that was actually designed to Work with the RazrHD and the Maxx HD but it works great with my Razr's and my Stand..

Have a Look here for some Pic. i posted..  b33

A Stand Fit for Many Styles.!

0 Likes
fiskie

Thanks for your responses. Sometimes I manage to blunder into solutions with stuff like this, but sometimes not. It does make sense now, since a USB port really is not intended to deliver the kind of amperage needed to recharge a battery.

Hope your driver won!

bob

0 Likes
B33
Sr. Leader

Your Welcome:: And i was Hoping Dale Jr. could of One but his Team mate Jimmie Johnson got it) It was kind of a special thing for Jimmie as he One the Daytona 500 earlier this year..

0 Likes
KathyH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi fiskie,

Thanks for reaching out. You have a great device! I am sorry to hear about the problems with your phone.  I would recommend draining the whole battery and then charging it up with the phone powered off. This should do the trick. Keep us posted.

Bobby_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes