Battery
toocrazy2yoo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, since there are no listings for a RAZR M, here I am. I lost my original RAZR M around a month ago, Asurion sent me a "refurbished" replacement and the battery life is crummy. Not even using the phone from full charge, the phone is dead in 6 hours if I don't continuously charge it. I don't surf, use the GPS (I take the train into Boston), there are no apps downloaded into it other than the sabotage apps inserted into the phone by Google. You know the ones, there are about 20 uninstallable Google Play apps running in the background but they were on the other phone and at least the thing would make it through the day. Google is reprehensible to install all these useless apps on the phone knowing full well no one buys anything from them. You can stop them one by one and in an hour, they're all back on again. Google is really creepy to render the phone unuseable for this junk.

After a phone replacement by Asurion, who do I get help from? I'm deserted by both Asurion AND Verizon now. I'd buy a new battery, but the one that's in this thing is hard-wired. Can't be replaced. Any ideas?

Labels (2)
Re: Battery
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

toocrazy2yoo wrote:

... there are about 20 uninstallable Google Play apps running in the background but they were on the other phone and at least the thing would make it through the day. Google is reprehensible to install all these useless apps on the phone knowing full well no one buys anything from them. You can stop them one by one and in an hour, they're all back on again. ...

Don't STOP them - they just return, as you've found.  Instead, uninstall updates, then DISABLE the app.  Then it won't update, and it won't run.  You can't uninstall, but disabling, then hiding the app, is the the best you can do.  It's now out of sight, and disabled so it won't be coming back again and again.  And your battery life should improve, too.

0 Likes
toocrazy2yoo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow! Thanks! Uhmmm, I know the "Uninstall Updates" part, how to disable? Thanks again, ya hear? Appreciate ya!

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you go into your "App drawer", and go to ALL, find the ones you want to disable.  Click to open, and the option to disable should be there, next to Force Stop. 

B33
Legend

There are Good Apps Like System Panel that you can use that keep's an eye on the app of your apps and the whole phone for that matter) I've used System Panel since 2010 for all of my Droids to me its the best at keeping a trusty eye on everything.. b33

0 Likes
toocrazy2yoo
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, when I go to the drawer, for any of the apps, there's only "Force Stop", "Uninstall updates" and a check box, checked, to "show notifications".  When I scroll down to "Launch by default", there's no option to change the default, just an inaccessible  shaded-over button that says "clear defaults". Pretty insidious, no? I know stuff can be uninstalled though because any third-party app I ever installed that later turned out no good, I've been able to uninstall them easy as 1,2,3.

When I tally up the various Google services (play, books, movies, etc.), it's 13 running processes. Three or four Kindle/Amazon processes, too. Suzy, thanks for your help. Either I'm missing something, or the OS in this thing is different somehow. Meanwhile, you've gone above and beyond the call here. Might be, I should throw it in the fire and be done with it.

0 Likes
toocrazy2yoo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, but with System Panel, can I shut the apps down?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

As Suzy mentioned you don't want to totally shut them down, you can though do this and I do as much a 5 to 8 times through out the day when I visit apps, or I go into the playstore when I'm finished I press and hold functions button I call it next to the home button when I see there is a bunch of apps I either swipe to left or the Right and that does away with them a running Now like Facebook and apps like Facebook they will run in the background especially if you got it set up to send you messages and and such but, System Panel can if you press the End all can stop the all of the apps you got running but it's always as mentioned a necessary thing to do it)  Only if your having issues.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

toocrazy2yoo wrote:

No, when I go to the drawer, for any of the apps, there's only "Force Stop", "Uninstall updates" and a check box, checked, to "show notifications".

I think, though I'm not totally sure, that once you "uninstall updates" - the option changes to uninstall or disable.... try that and let us know?

You can also uncheck the "show notifications"

0 Likes
B33
Legend

When I looked in on my Moto X SuzyQ the only thing I see running is the Dialer and the Android system UI, it showing on Panel that there are 14 to 15 service-only Processes running but so far on my Moto X when I checked the battery this time around it's gave me 20h and 9m and some change it's not totally drained yet but that's not bad on my new Moto X i usually get 1.day and some change out of it.. the other day when I was testing the Longevity of my Droid Maxx's battery I got little over 2 days out of it.. not bad either.Smiley Happy

0 Likes