Better Upgrade
Charris2290

I have the Droid Turbo and its a great phone but one thing I can't do that I've been able to do with all my other Verizon phones is use the internet while I'm on a call. If Verizon could upgrade it to make that possible, that would make it a whole lot better.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Better Upgrade
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The DROID Turbo is already capable of voice and data simultaneously. The kicker is you have to activate Advanced Calling on the phone and your account. Otherwise the radio configuration doesn't support voice and data simultaneously without Advanced Calling.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The DROID Turbo is already capable of voice and data simultaneously. The kicker is you have to activate Advanced Calling on the phone and your account. Otherwise the radio configuration doesn't support voice and data simultaneously without Advanced Calling.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Charris2290

I tried that but it just says "We encountered a problem activating Advanced calling 1.0 Please try again later". Not much I can do now. Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I thought Advanced Calling wasn't available for any devices except for the iPhone 6/6+ right now. If that is the case then that's why the OP can't activate it right now

0 Likes
Charris2290

I had advanced calling for my Droid Razr Maxx HD so I figured I'd be able to do it for this newer as well.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Advanced Calling has been available for the DROID Turbo since around Christmas. There are several other Android devices that have it too.

To the OP, do you use Ringback Tones? Advanced Calling and Ringback Tones are incompatible with each other. You can have one but not the other on the line.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

All of the phones capable of Advanced Calling can be found here:

Advanced Calling 1.0 – VoLTE – Verizon Wireless

Snn5
Legend

The LG G2 was the first to receive AC1.0 in Sept 2014.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Oh ok. Just thought there were threads before that said it was only working on iPhones at one time.

0 Likes
bdstx4
Contributor - Level 1

This is many months ago that VZ added these features. Yes, you are correct you must contact VZ to enable the features

on your account first. Once enabled in your account you must enable in your phone. All I cared about was the

simultaneous Voice and Data. After turning in my my Droid Turbo phone I quickly noted that it would drop about

50% of incoming or outgoing Voice calls after a couple minutes. So I disabled the feature in my phone. Since then immediately back to full functionality. I am waiting for this feature to actually work dependably. Just because Android v5.1 is out does not make it so. Many other issues on this VZ forum about Android v5.1 on the Droid Turbo phone.

I have not turned back on the simultaneous V/Data  feature since then.

0 Likes