Bluetooth Media broken after 5.1 Upgrade
pdufrene

Since the Lollipop 5.1 upgrade on my Droid Turbo, I no longer get Bluetooth media information on my cars display (Album Art, Album Title, Song Title, and Artist) from Pandora.  The car's track skip buttons no longer work either, so no more skipping songs.  Additionally, my caller ID contact pictures no longer appear either. My car is a 2014 BMW 528i. Tried all the easy stuff, re-pairing, etc., but nothing works. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth Media broken after 5.1 Upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pdufrene,

Software updates are intended to improve the functions of our phones. I want to make sure we get you back to streaming your music from your phone to your car. We appreciate all your efforts in troubleshooting to get this resolved.  Is your music application up to date? Have you tried deleting and re-installing the application? Are you still able to view the caller id when the call comes in?

Keep us posted.

YareliM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pdufrene

My music application is up to date.

I have tried deleting and re-installing the application.

I can no longer see the caller ID information (Contact Profile Pictures).

I can no longer see Album Art.

I can no longer see Album Title.

I can no longer see Song Title.

I can no longer see Artist Name.

This is quite obviously not an improvement in any shape, form, or fashion and is unacceptable.  If this problem can't be resolved by the end of this week, I would like instructions for rolling back to the previous OS version.  This has obviously been an ongoing issue with Lollipop as discussed in the S5 forum below:

After lollipop upgrade S5 Bluetooth no longer streams ID3 tags

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

pdufrene, you will not be able to go back to the prior software version.  I suggest you perform what is called a cache wipe to see if this corrects the issue.  This is similar to clearing your browser cache and history on a PC.  This won't erase or alter any of your programs.  Use this link for instructions to do this for the Turbo.

Droid Turbo by Motorola | Verizon Wireless

pdufrene

I performed the cache wipe as suggested, but it did not resolve anything. Still having the same issues.

0 Likes
pdufrene

Crickets?????  Please advise on how to roll back the update to get my phone working again. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

As the other community member stated it already, you can't roll back to the previous version of the OS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

pdufrene

I refuse to accept that lame response.  Verizon broke my phone. I expect it to be fixed.  If they can't fix it with the current version, I fully expect the previous working version to be put back on.  There is no technical reason that it can't be rolled back, just excuses...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not lame. Only truth. If there is a method to roll back, it is an unofficial method and couldn't be discussed on this community forum because of the Terms of Service here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Shaddy87

I came here to search for an answer to this question.  I use Pandora and it used to send the name of song and artist to my car stereo.  But now it sends the title/artist of an MP3 I had downloaded.  I deleted that mp3 but it still shows up.  Pandora still played correctly over my speakers, just the "info" is wrong.  Very annoying and I would love to get a fix.  Worked fine before the "update".  Tried all the restarting/reinstalling/cache clearing that they tell you to do when they don't know what's wrong.

0 Likes