Bluetooth and Car after 4.4
spqhoots

Installed the 4.4 update earlier today.  Now Maxx will not connect unless I go to bluetooth under settings and press the car name to connect.  I have tried unpairing and pairing again but same result.  I can't see doing this everytime I get into car.  anyone else?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth and Car after 4.4
RGabreleski
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue since Kit Kat deployed yesterday. I drive all day for work and am in and out of my car so resetting it each time is a major annoyance.

0 Likes
spqhoots

Just tried the wife's car and same deal with not connect automatically.  Also tried laptop and same.  Is there possibly a setting that I can't find that will connect Maxx to bluetooth devices automatically. 

0 Likes
bughunterEd

I'm having the same problem.  My Droid mini has been working flawlessly with my 2013 Fusion Sync system.  My phone was updated 2 days ago to KitKat and now it never automatically connects to my car and requires a manual connect.

Wish I never updated...

0 Likes
spqhoots

I am new to Verizon, is someone from Verizon supposed to chime on topics such as this?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

spqhoots wrote:

I am new to Verizon, is someone from Verizon supposed to chime on topics such as this?

This is a peer to peer customer forum where customers can give suggestions and advice to other customers with their questions. While there are official VZW reps on the community, their response in any particular thread isn't guaranteed nor should it be expected.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying so many steps already, spqhoots. Deleting and re-adding the pairing is actually what's been suggested by quite a few manufacturers after upgrading to a new Android OS version. Difficulties like you've described have already been reported to Google and we're working closely to find a way for your Bluetooth to automatically connect again. In the meantime, try searching www.play.google.com for an application that may help customize your phone to automatically connect to Bluetooth again with your new KitKat update.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
spqhoots

Anyone have a suggestion for an app to connect automatically to bluetooth?  I have tried a few and none seem to work.  thanks!

0 Likes