Bluetooth and Plantronics Legacy random disconnect issues
DCJW

I've been using the latest MAXX with the latest Plantronics Legacy headset.  Randomly, bluetooth will disconnect, the call will remain active but does not automatically failover to either handset or speaker option (literally the call is active and I'm in limbo).  The only way to reengage with the caller is to press speaker, then to make matters worse, the phone will start cycling through headset, bluetooth, speaker etc. until the call ends!  When I recycle the phone and bluetooth the problem goes away, then reappears randomly (days or a week later).   Anyone having this issue?  Any sense on it being related to the phone or bluetooth?  I've installed the latest drivers for both and I'm now going to cycle the phone daily in the event it's a caching issue somewhen in between the OS's. Either way, Motorola or Plantronics need to make a better thing...

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bluetooth and Plantronics Legacy random disconnect issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello DCJW,

Bluetooth headsets are a great way to communicate, especially while on the go. It will be my pleasure to assist with getting your Plantronics earpiece to work properly. First, may I ask is there any physical or liquid damage on the Bluetooth or the Droid Maxx? Also, what software and android version do you have installed on the Maxx? Can I assume that the Plantronics Bluetooth earpiece is the only Bluetooth device profile that’s connected to the Maxx? I would suggest unpairing the earpiece from the phone, then reboot the device, and re-pair the earpiece. Once you have done so then please retest an post your findings. I’m looking forward to your reply.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth and Plantronics Legacy random disconnect issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello DCJW,

Bluetooth headsets are a great way to communicate, especially while on the go. It will be my pleasure to assist with getting your Plantronics earpiece to work properly. First, may I ask is there any physical or liquid damage on the Bluetooth or the Droid Maxx? Also, what software and android version do you have installed on the Maxx? Can I assume that the Plantronics Bluetooth earpiece is the only Bluetooth device profile that’s connected to the Maxx? I would suggest unpairing the earpiece from the phone, then reboot the device, and re-pair the earpiece. Once you have done so then please retest an post your findings. I’m looking forward to your reply.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes