Bluetooth issue
UTfan

Since going to Lollipop 5.1 on my turbo, I can only pair with one device. If I want to add another device, I must tell it to forget the first device and then go through the pairing process manually, anew, each time I want to use a different device. Anyone have a similar issue?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bluetooth issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate those details! I would suggest testing the device in Safe Mode to rule out possibly third party interference. http://vz.to/1ENHmNr . If you still continue to run into an issue with having to autoconnect to your Honda. I would check with the manufacturer to review if there are any firmware updates currently available for your vehicle.
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets ensure we take a closer look into the issue, UTfan! To confirm, you're attempting to have two devices connected to bluetooth at the same time? Reviewing emulators for the device, you would need to "forget" to connect to a new bluetooth device.
YosefT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
UTfan

I am not an expert in the Bluetooth terminology but hopefully you will

understand my problem. Before Lollipop, I paired my phone with my home

phone (can answer cell calls on any cordless phone regardless of cell

location), my car, and my truck. When I was in the house, the phone, after

that initial setup, would automatically pair with the home phone. When I

got in the car, it would pair (after initial setup) with the car. Same

with the truck. I did the initial setup one time. Now, after downloading

Lollipop, I have to do the initial Bluetooth setup in the house and it will

pick up the house when I leave and return. But I have to tell the phone to

forget the house to pair (initial setup) with the car. When I return home,

I an having to tell the phone to forget the car and do initial setup all

over again for the home phone. Same thing when I get back in the car. It

will not pick up the car device based on the precious setup. It has truly

forgotten it and I have to repeat initial setup every time I move from one

device to the other--too much of a pain. Thanks for any help in advance.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 12:54 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details and taking the time to clarify, UTFan. What model vehicle do you have? Often times after an update, the bluetooth profile/firmware may need to be updated to fit the new software on the device.
YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
UTfan

I have a 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Navi.

Thanks for your help.

On Sep 11, 2015 2:44 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate those details! I would suggest testing the device in Safe Mode to rule out possibly third party interference. http://vz.to/1ENHmNr . If you still continue to run into an issue with having to autoconnect to your Honda. I would check with the manufacturer to review if there are any firmware updates currently available for your vehicle.
YosefT_VZW

0 Likes