Bluetooth issues with JB update
Marcellus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the update, only some of the bluetooth functions work for me.  I have a 2011 Toyota Corolla with Bluetooth built in.  On ICS, everything worked fine.  Now, the only apps that work through my car stereo are the stock music player, and PowerAmp.  No other apps come through any more.  Mort Audiobook player, google navigation, motocast, and numerous other apps I have tried no longer work through the car stereo via bluetooth.  Furthermore, the voice dial through my car stereo no longer places calls through the phone.  I can make, receive, and hang up calls just fine with the controls in the car, but to place a call, I have to pick up the phone and dial.

I have tried unpairing/re-pairing the phone, factory resetting the phone, and even unpairing/factory resetting/re-pairing the phone.  All net the same results.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth issues with JB update
palmprefan

The Jelly Bean update made that a pay to use function. JB no longer allows you to USB tether or use bluetooth unless you pay an extra 30 bucks a month.

I'm on the Verizon web site to see how much it's going to cost to buy out the rest of my contract and move on. A friend of mine said he can add an extra line on his phone and I can use it.

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth issues with JB update
Marcellus
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm sure that's true for USB and Bluetooth tethering since it's a feature that uses their network for Internet access, but I think the problems I'm experiencing are due to some sort of software bug.  It still works, but only partially.  Furthermore, they are features that have nothing to do with the use of their network.  I just want to be able to listen to my audio books again during my daily commute without having to use an app that isn't really optimized for audio book playback.  Furthermore, it would be nice if I could hear Google Navigation give me directions without having to completely shut off Bluetooth (which also means I can't legally make/accept phone calls while driving while Bluetooth is off).

0 Likes