Camera doesn't switch out of Selfie mode.
SamanthaBushman

Did a reset to factory setting and ran the troubleshooting through Verizon has not solved the problem. What other options are there to fix this problem?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Camera doesn't switch out of Selfie mode.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a front facing camera is nice, but we want you to have access to your back facing camera as well, SamanthaBushman. I appreciate you trying a factory reset. Were your apps reloaded to the phone after completing the reset? When did this start? If you try accessing the camera through an application (Messages+, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat) are you able to use the back camera?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SamanthaBushman

I've tried using the camera through the camera app. It updated but when I started having problems I deleted the app and reloaded it with no solution to the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SamanthaBushman-

As much as I love my selfies, it is important to be able to snap pictures of other things. Thank you so much for completeing our troubleshooting steps, I will do everything I can to ensure we come to a resolution. I just want to gather a few more pieces of information. How long has this been going on? What changes have been made to the phone lately (new accessories, new applications, new software updates, etc)? What is the make/model phone we are working with?
AmberKK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SamanthaBushman

This has been going on for over four months. I haven't changed anything.

Its a Droid Maxx  System version is 24.13.3.obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.US

My camera app version is 5.0.47.7 i've updated this to the latest version but it hasn't changed any settings.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That’s 4 months too long, let’s get to the bottom of this once and for all! I will be sending you a Private Message within the momentarily.

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes