Can I preview text messages from the home screen on a Droid Turbo?
ILoveJesus777

Hi everyone, I just got a new Motorola Android Turbo. Its great but, I really miss the short text message preview that my RazrM had in the "circles" widget. I could see the text without opening the app during meetings etc.   The "command center" circle on the Turbo doesn't seem to have that.  I know I can see previews from the black screen/lock screen, but I would like to see them from the home screen. I may be overlooking something on this, but that doesn't seem to be possible with this phone. I am using Verizon Messages.

I am also a bit confused with the "Moto" thing. Is that only option to use a voice command to call a contact or open a text?  Moto doesn't seem to like me much and has yet to call the right person. I never had that problem on my RazrM with the voice command app. Any other options or suggestions?

The cell phones are getting to be smarter than me, I think, so any help or app suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all very much for your consideration. Smiley Happy

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I preview text messages from the home screen on Android Turbo?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ILoveJesus777,

Help has arrived! Congrats on the new phone. We'd love to help address any concerns you may have.

In regards to the Verizon Messages application, there is a setting within the app that allows you to see a preview screen of the text message received other than the preview on the lock screen. To add this setting, go to the Verizon Messages app and select the menu option located in the top right corner. From the menu options select the settings option under the advanced section. From here, check the Enable PopUp option.

You may also use the Google Now application on your device for voice commands. To access this app go to your apps icon list and select the Google app which has a Blue background with a white cursive G. Once you select this app, select the microphone icon to speak your command. Please let us know if this helps.

EfrainM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can I preview text messages from the home screen on Android Turbo?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ILoveJesus777,

Help has arrived! Congrats on the new phone. We'd love to help address any concerns you may have.

In regards to the Verizon Messages application, there is a setting within the app that allows you to see a preview screen of the text message received other than the preview on the lock screen. To add this setting, go to the Verizon Messages app and select the menu option located in the top right corner. From the menu options select the settings option under the advanced section. From here, check the Enable PopUp option.

You may also use the Google Now application on your device for voice commands. To access this app go to your apps icon list and select the Google app which has a Blue background with a white cursive G. Once you select this app, select the microphone icon to speak your command. Please let us know if this helps.

EfrainM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes