Can I replace the AccuWeather app on my Droid Turbo?
scrappydoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone have any ideas on how I can replace AccuWeather as the default weather provider associated with my droid turbo home screen.  I like the fact the time and calander can quickly be accessed, but AccuWeather is far from accurate.  So I would like to replace AccuWeather with another provider, yet still have ithe new weathet provider associated with the home screen app/icon.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: replace AccuWeather default on my Turbo
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

scrappydoo wrote:

The AccuWeather app seems to be built into the motorala Command Center app.

That's correct, AccuWeather is baked into the Command Center widget, so it's 'all or none'.  In other words, you'll either have to use the Command Center widget as-is, or use a different time/weather widget associated with another weather app.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MischelleP

Download app for weather channel and will become default.  Is a little more accurate.  Hope that helps

0 Likes
scrappydoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks MischellP.  Unfortunately, downloading another weather app didn't replace AccuWeather.  The AccuWeather app seems to be built into the motorala Command Center app.  Any other thoughts on this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello scrappydoo!

I'd like to help you use the app you wish on your phone! While you may not be able to completely remove, AccuWeather, it may be possible to remove it from the screen. Press and hold on the widget, and drag to the trash can. You can then use the weather widget from another app to replace the default.

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
MischelleP

Not sure what to do in that case. I have a galaxy S5 and when I downloaded

the weather channel app it asked if I wanted the app to be default and I

just clicked yes. Did you try to uninstall the AccuWeather app first?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I know on most phones the Accuweather app is a system app and cannot be disabled or uninstalled. 

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

scrappydoo wrote:

The AccuWeather app seems to be built into the motorala Command Center app.

That's correct, AccuWeather is baked into the Command Center widget, so it's 'all or none'.  In other words, you'll either have to use the Command Center widget as-is, or use a different time/weather widget associated with another weather app.

0 Likes