Can I save text threads on my device?
khayesaz

I have been extremely happy with this phone until my area went from 3G to "4G" over a year ago. Multiple phone calls, new SIM card, and a refurbished replacement have not solved the problem. This phone is NOT a 4G phone!!! It didn't even get 4G in Phoenix AZ!!!

Be all this as it may, I am being forced to upgrade. Before trading in this phone, I have to delete all the info...no problem there.

My question is this: I have 2 conversation threads(Protected) in my texts. I would like to know if these threads can be saved somehow.  There is a possibility they will need to be evidence of harassment for my daughter. I know I can copy and paste them into an email, but not sure that would hold much water legally. Is there a way to save them in My Verizon? I have BackUp Assistant, and don't know what the Verizon Cloud is.

Please let me know of there is a way, or if I just need to cut and paste into an email.

Thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Saving Text Threads
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello khayesaz!

Text message records can be important, and I understand your concern over protecting them. Try downloading the Verizon Messages app. Verizon Messages offers cloud storage for your text messages, so once they are saved to the app, it can be downloaded to your new phone, and the messages can be downloaded.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are several SMS Backup applications available in the Play Store. Try them.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are backup apps available in the Play Store that will allow you to print them on your computer or send them to your e-mail.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

there's those darn ninjas again ...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

tikibar1 wrote:

there's those darn ninjas again ...

LOL.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello khayesaz!

Text message records can be important, and I understand your concern over protecting them. Try downloading the Verizon Messages app. Verizon Messages offers cloud storage for your text messages, so once they are saved to the app, it can be downloaded to your new phone, and the messages can be downloaded.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes