Can I swap my Razr M sim into another phone?
noname6184
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi I was hoping someone could help me out here. I have a Motorola Razr M that was provided by my employer on a business account so I am unable to make changes to the account myself. I absolutely hate this phone and the Android OS. I have AT&T for my own personal phone so I am not used to Verizon at all. I am wondering if I were to purchase either an Iphone 4S or Nokia Lumia on Ebay would I simply be able to swap the sim over to the new phone and be ready to go? I was also wondering IF this is possible should I beware of bad imei numbers when purchasing a phone? Or does it no longer matter because the service is associated with the sim card itself? Thanks in advance for your help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I swap my Razr M sim into another phone?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Buying a used phone or new phone at full retail price would work as long as you verified that the SIM card slot is the same between the DROID Razr M and whatever phone you purchase. You still have to verify the device has a clean IMEI/ESN number.

The Nokia Lumia would work as it is a 4G LTE smartphone. The iPhone 4S however is a 3G only smartphone and doesn't use the SIM card to activate and connect with the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Buying a used phone or new phone at full retail price would work as long as you verified that the SIM card slot is the same between the DROID Razr M and whatever phone you purchase. You still have to verify the device has a clean IMEI/ESN number.

The Nokia Lumia would work as it is a 4G LTE smartphone. The iPhone 4S however is a 3G only smartphone and doesn't use the SIM card to activate and connect with the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
noname6184
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok thank you very much for your help. I had gone into the Verizon Wireless company store before posting this question here and was told by the employee that I'm stuck with the phone and the sim wasn't compatible with anything else. The sim is the same size as the Lumia so I will go with that one. I knew she was wrong that's why I asked in the forum. I'm glad Ann154 knows more than Verizon's employees. Thanks a lot for your help Ann154.