Can I transfer files from my device to the cloud via USB?
Dragonflames2061

When uploading pictures from my phone to the Verizon Cloud by way of a USB to a Desktop, how can I transfer more than one picture at a time?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Transfering files from phone to Cloud with USB
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your best option (IMO) is to use the USB  to computer link and just copy all your photos to your desktop or to an external drive.  And I would highly recommend using Google or One Drive rather than Verizon cloud for cloud storage if you still need to put the photos in the cloud.  Me?  I'd prefer to keep the photos on my computer, burn them to a DVD, and if I wanted them to share on my phone, upload to Google storage only those that I really needed on my phone.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Uploading to your desktop via USB is not the same as uploading to the "cloud" - uploading to the cloud means sending the the photos via wifi or your cellular connection to Verizon cloud, Google storage, One Drive, etc, NOT to your desktop.  Which one are you trying to do?

Depending on the phone:  Touchscreen -  you can touch and hold a photo, and a checkmark will show up on the photo; tapping more photos will select them (they'll get checkmarks too) and then you can move or copy them all at once.  If there are a lot, you may want to do this in batches of 100 or so - it seems to work better for me that way.

If this is a basic phone, once you select one photo, there may be an option to select others too.

Specifics about which phone you have, which cloud you want to upload to, and what you are trying to do with the USB cable would help us to help you.

0 Likes
Dragonflames2061

Thanks for the response, what I'm trying to do is upload my pictures and

files from my phone to the Verizon Cloud storage. Normally I would use the

phone's internal system, but my phone is beginning to experience a cascade

failure that has already taken out this function as well as the camera. Do

what I'm left with is using a Desktop & USB to use the computer's Internet

access, but when I log into the website's Cloud page, the upload link will

only take one picture at a time, but I have 1000s on my phone. So I need

help with a way to send multiple pictures to the Cloud. Please let me know

if you can help?

0 Likes
Dragonflames2061

The phone that I have is a Droid Turbo Maxx (sorry this is a separate

email).

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your best option (IMO) is to use the USB  to computer link and just copy all your photos to your desktop or to an external drive.  And I would highly recommend using Google or One Drive rather than Verizon cloud for cloud storage if you still need to put the photos in the cloud.  Me?  I'd prefer to keep the photos on my computer, burn them to a DVD, and if I wanted them to share on my phone, upload to Google storage only those that I really needed on my phone.

Dragonflames2061

Thank you, I will try to transfer them that way. And look into the other

Storage sites

0 Likes