Can I upgrade a DROID Razr Maxx to KitKat. Tried running updates and it says I'm fully up to date with s/w version 4.1.2 (Jellybean)
UAWOLF1990

I'm running a two year old Droid Razr Maxx with Android v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean).  I'd like to be able to take advantage of some of the new fitness devices out there, but they all require minimum v4.4 (KitKat).  Can I upgrade my phone to the new version, or am I stuck replacing this two year old phone with a new one?  If I can upgrade, anybody know how to make the phone do it?  When I run the normal update routine it comes back saying everything is up to date.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Can I upgrade a DROID Razr Maxx to KitKat.  Tried running updates and it says I'm fully up to date with s/w version 4.1.2 (Jellybean)
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your phone is up-to-date and will remain on v 4.1.2.  You can check by going to:

Motorola Support - Find Answers | Motorola Mobility, Inc.

0 Likes
Re: Can I upgrade a DROID Razr Maxx to KitKat.  Tried running updates and it says I'm fully up to date with s/w version 4.1.2 (Jellybean)
UAWOLF1990

So is it maxed out, then, and can't be upgraded to KitKat? Or is there a way I can force it up to KitKat.  Sort of like loading Windows 8 on a machine that was delivered with Windows XP.  Reason I want KitKat is Jellybean won't support some of the peripherals I'd like to use.  Is it hardware limited so it can't support Bluetooth Smart, for example?

0 Likes