Can I use a Droid Turbo 2 without a SIM card?
racknfrackn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm upgrading to the Z Force and hoping to keep my Turbo 2 to give to my younger son as a wi-fi media device (pseudo iPod).  Is that possible without a sim card?  Should I remove the old sim?  If I leave the old sim in the phone will that try to activate it on my account (I don't want that)?  Should I do a Factory Reset or just remove all of my personal stuff and give it to him without the sim?  Help?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: using "droid turbo 2" without sim
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Remove the SIM card. If you don't want him to have access to your email accounts and other personal information, you should factory reset the device. Then set it up with an email account for him. I would suggest putting the device in airplane mode to remove the constant reminder for a missing SIM card. You can turn on wifi after turning on airplane mode.

Since the SIM card was associated with your line, you can use it in the DROID Z Force since the SIM card slot is the same size. You also can't have two SIM cards activated on the same line if you choose to use the SIM card that came with Z Force.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: using "droid turbo 2" without sim
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Remove the SIM card. If you don't want him to have access to your email accounts and other personal information, you should factory reset the device. Then set it up with an email account for him. I would suggest putting the device in airplane mode to remove the constant reminder for a missing SIM card. You can turn on wifi after turning on airplane mode.

Since the SIM card was associated with your line, you can use it in the DROID Z Force since the SIM card slot is the same size. You also can't have two SIM cards activated on the same line if you choose to use the SIM card that came with Z Force.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes