Can a new droid razr work with the 32 gb sd card from my droid x?
chefondu

I am upgrading to the razr.  Will my SD card (32 gb) function well in the new razr?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can a new droid razr work with the 32 gb sd card from my droid x?
drewbayless
Enthusiast - Level 3

I installed my 32 gb microsd card into the Razr after removing it from the old phone.

To be on the safe side I backed up the contents and did a full format (not a quick format) of the sd card while plugged into my pc before installing.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

it should unless you were having problems with it in the dx.

0 Likes
tkperry

chefondu wrote:

I am upgrading to the razr.  Will my SD card (32 gb) function well in the new razr?

Mine worked just fine with the 32gb one I pulled out of the wifes thunderbolt when we upgraded her to the MAXX.  She hardly uses the SD card for anything so she will never miss it.

0 Likes
TheDukeDev

All versions of Android up to 4.xx support up to 32GB of SD storage.

0 Likes
drewbayless
Enthusiast - Level 3

I installed my 32 gb microsd card into the Razr after removing it from the old phone.

To be on the safe side I backed up the contents and did a full format (not a quick format) of the sd card while plugged into my pc before installing.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey Chef on your card if you want too you can Format the 32GB after you have installed in the Maxx but if your wanting to save the Content on it then just install an do nothing Else but enjoy.!! b33

0 Likes
Not applicable

I recently installed a 64GB card in my Razr Maxx.  I copied the contents from the old card to my laptop and then installed the new card in the phone.  Then, I formatted the new card and copied the contents from my laptop to the new card.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

And it's working Ok Jim ?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Works great.

B33
Legend

That's good..Can you Tell any difference in how it operates Jim is more snappier, Camera Faster things like that.when it loads up a App or Playing a App..